EU Visa Applications

EU Visa Applications

Schengen Visa Applications permit individuals to have short stays of up to 90 days in Europe, which are suitable for tourism, family visits, medical treatment, and business activities.

Click Below To Get Started

Important Travel Document Information – Please Read.

The EU visa is officially known as a Schengen Visas. The Schengen visa authorizes short stays. You can stay for up to 90 days within any 180 days. You can travel throughout the Schengen Zone if you have this visa type. If you are not a citizen of a European nation, you must submit a Schengen application at least 30 days before your departure date.

This application ensures that you meet the requirements and obtain the visa on time, enabling you to embark on your planned travel within the Schengen Zone.

To start the EU Visa application process, please click below

Who Needs an EU Visa?

Foreign nationals can enter the Schengen Area without a visa, depending on where they are from. However, there are foreign nationals that must complete all the requirements, including attending an interview to receive a visa that permits them to enter the Schengen Area.

European citizens do not require a visa to enter Europe in most cases. All third-country nationals require an EU visa to enter the Schengen area.

If you travel with a passport from a country that requires a visa, you will be required to obtain one. This is even if you have a passport from one of the Schengen member states but are unwilling to use it.

What is a Schengen Visa?

One of the Schengen countries issues a Schengen Visa as a short-term visa. It allows travelers into the EU list of Schengen member countries. It enables the holder to visit any of the Schengen Area for up to 90 days during a 180-day period and travel freely around Europe.

A Schengen EU Visa Application entitles the holder to enter, travel freely within, and exit the Schengen area from any Schengen member country. There are no border controls within the  Schengen Zone.

How to get a Schengen Visa

Depending on where you come from, anyone intending to enter the Schengen Area for any reason may be required to obtain a visa.

Do I require a visa to enter the Schengen Area?  This is the first question you should ask yourself if you have never visited Europe. More than 60 nations can already travel to Europe visa-free and stay there for up to 90 days in six months without requiring a prior visa.

You must go through the visa application process to travel freely in this region. As a result, you should submit your Schengen visa application with extreme caution.

Schengen Application Steps

  1. Choose which visa type you require.
  2. Provide your personal information.
  3. Submit your passport information.
  4. Provide your travel information.
  5. If there are additional questions, answer them.
  6. Review and submit your visa application.

Documents Required For An EU Visa

As part of the Schengen EU visa application procedure, you must provide specific documents when submitting your application.

Each Schengen State has compiled a list of required documents for each purpose of admission into the Schengen Area. The criteria for a stay in each of them are comparable.

The following set of papers is necessary to apply for a Schengen visa for short stays:

Printed & signed visa application form delivered to you via secure download.

You must send two current photographs.

A valid passport not more than ten years old and valid for at least three months after your departure date.

Round trip itinerary or reservation.

Evidence of accommodation.

Evidence of financial means showing you have sufficient funds to maintain yourself during your Schengen stay.

Policy for travel insurance.

EU Visa Entry Options

When you apply for a Schengen visa, you can choose the number of entries that you require. The number of entries you are granted can depend on how many countries you are visiting, how often you intend to visit and whether or not your visits are necessary or whether it is your first Schengen visa application or not.

Single-entry visa

Holders of a single-entry visa can enter the Schengen Area. Entrance is only once during the period specified on the visa. A sticker is attached to their passport. Once the visa holder leaves the Schengen area, they cannot return.

It is sometimes mistaken that the single-entry visa refers to the number of countries the visa holder is entitled to visit and permits access into a single country. In truth, the ‘Valid for’ tag on your visa sticker lists the territory you are permitted to enter.

Schengen visas may permit either a single or multiple entry. With a single-entry visa, you can only enter the Schengen area once. This is indicated by “01” on the visa sticker. With a visa permitting two or multiple entries, you may enter the country twice or multiple times during its validity.

Double & Multi-Entry Visas

Double-entry visa

A double-entry visa is similar to the single-entry visa described previously. The difference between a single-entry visa and a double-entry visa is that the latter allows you to return to the Schengen region after departing it.

You should not to exceed the days you are permitted to stay in the Schengen Zone. You should not to exceed the timeframe in which you can spend these days in the EU. Again, do not confuse the “double-entry” designation with the number of countries you are permitted to enter and remain in within the allotted time frame.

When you have a double-entry Schengen visa, you forfeit the right to return when you leave the Schengen Area for a second time. Even if you have not used all the days allotted for your stay.

Multiple-entry visa

A holder of a multiple-entry visa can enter and exit the Schengen Area unlimited times. This is based as long as they do not violate the 90/180-day restriction.

You may be granted a multiple-entry visa for 1 year, 3 years or 5 years.

EU Visa Application Process

Due to the time required by Schengen embassies and consulates throughout the globe to approve a Schengen visa, there is a time limit within which you must submit your visa application.

The permitted application window for a Schengen visa is as follows:

  • The earliest you may submit a visa application is six months before your intended departure date.
  • The latest you may submit a visa application is 15 working days before departure.
  • The suggested period to apply for a visa is at least three weeks before departure.

Collect the necessary paperwork

The necessary papers are essential to your visa application. A complete list of the required documents for your application will be provided after you submit the online form.

Participate in a visa interview

Arrive on time at the place where you will be interviewed on the scheduled day. There, you will meet a visa consular to whom you must provide the

As part of the Schengen EU visa application procedure, applicants must provide specific papers when applying for a European visa.

For detailed information on specific parts of the EU visa process, you can refer to the links below to find the answer to your query. If you are unable to find any particular information, please contact us via email.

If you are traveling to Europe for the following reasons, you may apply for a Europe (Schengen) Visa. In order to fly to your Schengen destination country, you must transit via a Schengen zone county’s airport.

  • Visits for business.
  • Short-term study programs.
  • Visiting relatives and friends.
  • Travel for cultural exchange, sports, or research purposes.
  • Visits for medical reasons.
  • Sightseeing and tourism visits.
  • Visits by government officials.

The Airport Transit Visa falls under Category A visa, while all other visas granted for different reasons fall under Category C visas

Depending on the number of entries and countries you plan to visit, you may receive either a Uniform Schengen visa or a Limited Territorial Validity visa.

Non-Schengen EU countries

Although 26 European nations, including France, Germany, Italy, and the Netherlands, are members of the Schengen Area, not all nations within Europe have border controls with Schengen nations. You must apply for a national travel visa to travel to those countries.

Bulgaria, Romania, Croatia, Ireland, and Great Britain are European countries not part of the Schengen area.

What additional non-Schengen nations exist?

There are 26 countries in the EU. Comprising the majority of countries on the European continent. These are part of the Schengen Zone. Not every European state is included. Countries we associate with Europe that are not in the Schengen Zone include:

Albania, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Macedonia, Moldova, Montenegro, Serbia, & Ukraine.

Andorra, Monaco, and Vatican City are all not members but are considered de facto to be part of the region because they do not enforce border controls.

In addition, to being outside the Schengen Zone. Romania, Bulgaria, Croatia, and Cyprus are legally required to become members of the European Union in the future. Russia does not belong to the free travel zone.

Is the United Kingdom a member of Schengen?

The UK and the Republic of Ireland used to be members of the European Union. However, they were not signatories of the Schengen Agreement for many years. They are gaining acquired opt-outs. However, the United Kingdom has now left the European Union. Consequently, the British government is moving to a new partnership with the European Union and revising its visa and travel policies.

Check the local visa requirements of the country you intend to visit in addition to the Schengen Area and submit an application if you travel to these nations.

What are the visa requirements for countries outside the Schengen area? Are they comparable to the Schengen Region?

Each country has its visa requirements. Although many will adhere to the same fundamental principles. These include a valid passport, biometric information, a cause for your visit, sufficient funds to support yourself during your stay, and travel or medical insurance.

People Also Asked..

A transit through or intended stay of no more than 90 days in any 180 days on the territory of the Schengen States (“short stay visa”),
A travel through the Schengen States airports international transit areas (“airport transit visa”).

Within the duration of the visa, you should be able to visit any of the Schengen States within the same trip. If you want to stay in a Schengen country for more than 90 days, work, or start a business, trade, or profession, you will need a Schengen visa.

To enter a Schengen country, individuals generally need to obtain an EU visa, also known as a Schengen visa. This visa allows non-EU citizens to travel within the Schengen Area, comprising 26 European countries that have abolished border controls. The Schengen visa is required for short stays, typically up to 90 days within 180 days, for purposes such as tourism, business, family visits, or attending conferences.

Family members of EU citizens who have exercised their right to free movement (i.e., the EU citizen lives in or goes to a Member State other than their home country) receive particular procedural advantages. The following are the basic requirements to be met:

1. An EU citizen has exercised his or her right to free movement within the EU.
2. The family member (applicant) falls into one of the Directive 2004/38/EC categories.
3. The EU citizen’s family member (applicant) travels with him or joins him in the Schengen State of the destination.

In general, any Schengen border can be crossed with a visa issued by any Schengen country. The short-stay visa, however, does not immediately grant you access to the Schengen area.

They attach the Schengen visa, a short-term visa, to the travel document in the form of a sticker. A “brief stay” is “90 days in any 180 days.” This means that the overall length of stay is limited to 90 days in any 180 days. The length of your visa validity is specified on the visa sticker under the heading “Duration of visit.” With a single-entry visa, you can enter the Schengen area only once. “1” is under the heading “Number of entries” on the visa sticker. A two-entry or multiple-entry visa allows for two or more entries throughout the validity of the visa.

In general, once a Schengen visa application has been submitted to the Consulate, the Consulate will make a decision within 15 calendar days. This time limit can be increased to 30 or 60 days depending on various circumstances.

Applications must be submitted at least three months prior to the proposed trips start date. It is recommended that you submit your application at least 15 days before to your anticipated visit. Holders of a multiple-entry visa (valid for at least six months) can apply for a new visa up to six months before their current visa expires.

The expiration date of your passport must be three months after your return from a Schengen country. The Consulate may, however, stray from this regulation in exceptional circumstances.

You may be required to produce your visa at the border as well as extra papers, such as proof that you have sufficient funds to cover your stay and return travel. As a result, it is recommended that you bring copies of the documents you showed while applying for the visa (for example, letters of invitation, travel confirmations, and other documents outlining the purpose of your stay).

It’s critical to differentiate between two scenarios. The first scenario is transit through an airport’s international transit area (an onward voyage in which you do not leave the airport’s international transit area). The second scenario is transit via a Member States territory, albeit limited to an airport (onward trip after leaving the airport’s international transit region). An airport transit visa (ATV) allows you to transit through an international transit zone at a Schengen State airport while waiting for a connecting aircraft to a non-Schengen country.

The ATV prohibits entry into Schengen territory. (for example, to stay in a hotel or travel to another Schengen country). Travelling to a Schengen State via another Schengen State airport or to a non-Schengen country via two Schengen state airports is considered an airport transit. All flights between two or more Schengen countries are classified as “domestic.” You may need a short-stay visa while entering the Schengen area, depending on your nationality, even if your visit is only a few hours and you stay in the airport (outside the international transit zone).

When requesting a visa extension, you must demonstrate that you are unable to leave the territory of Member States before your visa or approved duration of stay expires owing to force majeure, humanitarian reasons, or significant personal reasons.  You can usually only extend the visa if you have spent fewer than 90 days in the Schengen area in the previous 180 days and your current visa hasn’t expired.

Single-entry or multiple-entry Schengen visas are available. You can only enter the Schengen area once with a single-entry visa. The “01” on the visa sticker denotes this. You can enter twice or numerous times within the duration of a visa that allows for two or more entries.

Visa Applicationsinformation centre

Copyright © 2023 . All rights reserved.

All visa applicants are responsible for the accuracy of their visa application forms and must carefully consider the requirements set out in the visa application forms and complete all application forms fully and truthfully and provide correct and accurate information and documentation in support of their visa. is a private company and is not affiliated with any government body. All processing of your visa documentation will be carried out by a professionally qualified 3rd party legal entity. Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited. Visa Applications Ltd – 11887108.

It is necessary to use/accept cookies on this site to process your application.

NOTE, we do not use tracking or advertising cookies or provide your details to 3rd parties. For more information please refer to our .