USA Visa Applications

USA Visa Applications

If you wish to travel to the United States for tourism, business or transit then you will require a USA Visa.

Click Below To Get Started

Important Travel Document Information – Please Read

USA Visa Applications are broken into Non-immigrant and immigrant visas, the two of the primary classifications for visas to America. Non-immigrant visas are issued to individuals who wish to travel temporarily to the United States for tourism, business, work, or research. Immigrant visas are for anyone wishing to immigrate to the United States on a more permanent basis.

However, if you are traveling for less than 90 days as a citizen of a visa-waiver country, you can apply for the visa-waiver program. This is a quicker and simpler process that can be completed in minutes by filling our online form.

If you are not eligible to apply for an ESTA visa waiver, you must apply for a USA visa.

To start the USA visa application process please click below

What visa do I need to visit the United States?

The type of visa you will require to visit the USA will depend on various factors including your nationality, the purpose of your travel and any previous convictions or immigration problems.

You may apply for the ESTA Visa Waiver Program if you meet the following conditions:

  1. You are a national/citizen of a Visa Waiver Program country. (i.e. UK, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, EU Countries etc..)
  2. You do not currently possess a visitor’s visa.
  3. The duration of your journey will not exceed 90 days.
  4. Your travel to the U.S. is for business or pleasure.
  5. You have no previous criminal offenses or immigration problems
  6. You have not visited any of the restricted countries such as Iraq, Iran, Syria, Yemen, Libya, Sudan or Cuba.

If an applicant has previously been denied ESTA and their circumstances have not changed, subsequent applications will also be denied.

However, Non-ESTA-eligible travelers are ineligible to travel under the Visa Waiver Program and must apply for a non-immigrant visa at a U.S. Embassy or Consulate. In most cases, you should apply for the B1/B2 visitor visa due to being ineligible for the ESTA.

Reapplying for a travel authorization with false information renders the traveler ineligible to use the Visa Waiver Program to enter the United States.

Documents Required For a USA Visa

The USA Visa Applications, applicants must bring all original or certified copies of relevant civil documents to the visa interview. Failure to bring the necessary documents to the interview may result in a visa delay or denial. You need to bring the following items to the interview:

Appointment Letter - The letter of invitation you received from NVC.

Confirmation Documentation - This will be provided to you once reviewed and processed by your case worker.

Passport - For each applicant, a passport that is valid for at least six months beyond the date of proposed entry into the United States.

Photographs - Each candidate must submit two similar colour photographs that fulfil the U.S. Photograph Requirements.

Evidence that you intend to leave the United States following your trip.

Evidence of sufficient funds to meet your expenses whil a new authorisation for an individual or a group of applications for two or more individuals.

Non-Immigrant Visas For USA

To enter the United States temporarily, you must apply for and obtain a non-immigrant visa.

There are numerous non-immigrant visas, each of which is categorized according to the reason for your travel. Each non-immigrant visa will govern the conditions of your stay in the United States, including the permissible activities and length of time.

The most popular non-immigrant visas are as follows:

Visitor Visas

Foreign nationals are permitted by U.S. immigration law to visit the country for business, medical treatment, or tourism. These visas typically provide a six-month stay in the United States but can be granted for up to one year. (B-1) Business Visitor visas permit individuals to visit the United States to participate in commercial transactions, such as contract discussions and consultations, as long as they do not receive a salary.

Students and Apprentices Visas

Students and trainees seeking non-immigrant visas must register with the Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS). SEVIS mandates that the school provides specific information about the student, such as when he or she completes a program of study.

Workers Permits

Non-immigrant visas also permit foreign nationals temporary employment in the United States. The most prevalent non-immigrant labor visas are:

Family Visas

Certain family members of U.S. citizens and permanent residents also can apply for non-immigrant visas.

Immigrant Visas For USA

A foreign national intending to immigrate must typically be sponsored by a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident immediate relative(s) or future U.S. employer and have an authorized petition before filing for an immigrant visa.

The sponsor initiates the process by filing a petition with USCIS on behalf of the foreign national.

Once USCIS has approved your petition, and you have completed pre-processing with the National Visa Center (NVC). If you have been selected for the Diversity Visa Lottery and have completed processing with the Kentucky Consular Center (KCC), review the instructions provided by the NVC or the KCC for additional guidance and instructions.

Four primary kinds of immigration status exist in U.S. immigration: U.S. citizens, permanent or conditional residents, non-immigrants, and illegal immigrants.

That said, U.S. immigration law states that your intended trip purpose and other factors will determine the type of visa required. As a visa applicant, you must demonstrate that you satisfy all requirements for the visa category for which you apply. When you apply for an immigrant visa at a U.S. embassy or consulate, a consular officer will evaluate, depending on applicable laws, whether you are qualified to get one and, if so, under which category.

Here are the most common Immigrant Visas.

  1. Fiancé(e) Visa.
  2. Immigration based on the availability of employment
  3. Diversity Visas
  4. Returning Resident Visa

How to Apply For a Visa to the United States

If you are eligible for the ESTA visa waiver program, then you can complete the online form and your details will be reviewed. You will be required to provide you passport biographic page and once received you can usually expect a result of your application the same day. In some cases, it can take up to 72 hours for an ESTA to be approved.

For all other USA Visa Applications the application process becomes more complex. You can start by completing the online form and awaiting the review of your details. A case worker will be in touch to request any additional information that may be required as well as a passport-style photograph to be used for your application.

Once received, your documentation will be processed and delivered to you for you to verify the accuracy of the details. As well as this, you will be presented with appointment booking options with the U.S. Embassy in your country.

You must pay the visa fee and attend an appointment date with the documentation provided as well as any other supporting documents that you feel may support your application. The burden is on the applicant to prove that the visit the the USA is temporary during the interview.

Useful Resources

For detailed information on specific parts of the USA visa process, you can refer to the links below to find the answer to your query. If you are unable to find any particular information, please contact us visa email

Common USA Visa Interview Questions

What are your reasons for visiting the United States? You must answer this question based on the reason for your trip. The Consular Officer may also ask inquiries to determine how you intend to finance your trip. Depending on the visa type, a visa application may be required to provide evidence of sufficient cash.

How long do you wish to stay in the United States? As part of the application procedure, applicants must provide their planned trip date to the United States. Depending on the purpose of your trip, visa type, and length of stay, you will need to offer a preliminary travel date. To verify your submitted information/documents, you may be required to provide information such as your dwelling address, kind of residence, etc.

Where do you plan to stay? You must include the address of your lodging. If you are staying at numerous locations, indicate where you will spend most of your time. Mention your travel goal and be as prepared as possible with specifics.

Where do you ordinarily reside? If required, include the country’s city and address. You may be given questions to determine how long you have resided at this address, whether you are from another city, what your native language is, etc.

Who will be responsible for covering your travel expenses? Depending on the visa type you seek, you may be required to provide evidence of sufficient cash to cover your trip. If your visa category permits someone else to reimburse your expenditures, you may need to submit a letter of authorization along with the other documentation.

Is it possible for you to shorten your stay? Justify your need for a visa for a specific length by providing comprehensive information about your travel itinerary. See the Consular Officer if you need to revaluate the length of your stay.

Have you any family or friends in the United States? Please respond with a Yes or No. If the answer is affirmative, describe your relationship with the individual and whether you plan to meet them. If you answered no, please explain your travel goal and budget.

Have you previously visited the United States? Answer with Yes/No and briefly describe the objective of your previous trip, if necessary. If you have previously travelled, emphasize your desire to return to your own country.

Where will you be working or attending school? If you are applying for a work or student visa, you must submit the address of your employer or university. In addition, you can describe how you intend to handle your domestic travel in the United States.

Who else are you bringing with you to the United States? Depending on the circumstances, respond with Yes or no. If you are going with a known companion, provide their details and why you are travelling with them.

What have you been doing before your intended trip to the U.S.? You may be in the United States for a job, education, or tourism. Provide details and information about your prior work if you are seeking employment. If you plan to pursue further education, please list the courses you have completed in India. If you are visiting India for tourism, you should state your occupation.

What are your plans following the expiration of your visa? You must persuade the consular officer that you want to return to India before the visa expires. Depending on the circumstances, you may be required to demonstrate clear intentions to return to India once the travel plan expires by reasserting your ties to the country.

What plans do you have should your visa application be denied? Don’t be discouraged by this, but emphasize the significance of your travel plans. The Officer may ask similar questions to determine your eligibility for a specific visa category.

Have you purchased the tickets yet? Although applicants are advised not to book airline tickets or make lodging arrangements before the visa is approved, it is wise to conduct research and have a clear strategy. Be astute when answering these questions, and explain your reasoning. If feasible, mention at least a tentative date for your planned travel.

Do you have any more plans in the United States besides work/study/tourism? Describe in detail the locations you will visit and why you are interested in them. Depending on the purpose of your stay, you can disclose your domestic and international travel plans.

Have you received assistance with your visa application? Respond Yes/No based on your circumstances. It is recommended to review the visa application’s terms and conditions and your rights as a visitor to the United States before attending the interview.

People Also Asked...

Visitors from countries participating in the Visa Waiver Program can apply for a USA visa. These countries include, but are not limited to, the following:

United Kingdom (UK), citizens of the United Kingdom (UK), citizens of Ireland (Ireland), citizens of Ireland (Ireland), citizens of Australia (Australian Citizens of New Zealand (NZ), New Zealand (NZ).

Citizens of other countries would have to apply for a non-immigrant visa such as the B1/B2 visitor visa.

If you are a citizen of a visa waiver country, the ESTA is ideal for holiday travel to the United States. Alternatively, the B2 Tourist Visa is suitable for vacations to America.

A ESTA visa waiver can be obtained for an unpaid business visit if you are from an eligible country. The employer can cover any expenses, such as lodging or flights. However, if you plan to be paid during your time in the United States, you’ll need to apply for a B1 Visa for Business Visitors or one of the many other USA visa options available.

Any rejections can be usually be appealed at the embassy. However, for future Visa Applications, you may want to seek legal assistance or guidance before appealing / re-submitting.

This depends on the type of USA visa that you hold. If you are granted an ESTA, you can visit the United States for up to 90 days at a time within any 180 day period. If you hold a B1 or B2 visa then you can stay in the US for up to 6 months at a time.

The ESTA visa waiver government fee is $21 USD which is included in the $79 service fee.

The cost of all other non-immigrant visas such as the B2 visa is $160 USD as well as the MRV fee which is payable directly to the U.S. Embassy.

British citizens can apply for the ESTA visa waiver program.

If you are foreigner residing in the United Kingdom, then you may apply for a non-immigrant visa at the U.S. Embassy in London.

An ESTA can be processed and receive a result on the same day of submission. In some cases, it can take up to 72 hours for a result from the Department of Homeland Security.

The typical wait period for a tourist visa (B1/B2) interview appointment was two months as of November 2022, with emergency appointments possible within days for applicants meeting specific conditions.

Once you have attended an appointment, you can expect a result usually within 7 working days. You should also allow a further 3 working days for courier return of your documents.

New students may be issued student (F and M) visas up to 120 days in advance of a program’s commencement date, but they will not be permitted to enter the United States on their student visa earlier than thirty days prior to the program’s start date.

Visa Applicationsinformation centre

Copyright © 2024 . All rights reserved.

All visa applicants are responsible for the accuracy of their visa application forms and must carefully consider the requirements set out in the visa application forms and complete all application forms fully and truthfully. is a private company and is not affiliated with any government body. All support and advice of your visa documentation will be under the guidance of an SRA registered legal practitioner. Visa fees must be paid directly to the relevant consular authority as advised and are not included in our service fees.
Visa Applications Ltd – 11887108.

It is necessary to use/accept cookies on this site to process your application.

NOTE, we do not use tracking or advertising cookies or provide your details to 3rd parties. For more information please refer to our .