1. Decide the visa type you wish to apply for
Begin by selecting the appropriate visa type. You can see a full list of visa options with descriptions by clicking ‘start application’
2. Complete the online form
All applicants should complete the online form. This will populate the relevant documentation to move to the next stage and arrange an interview.
3. Prepare a profile, pay the application cost, and schedule an interview
Next, you must pay the visa application fee. You can then schedule an interview session, we will send you the details on your online profile.
After selecting an interview date and time, print the confirmation sheet and have it available at your interview.
4. Prepare the required application documents
These documents are required for all applicants. Check for any additional documents required for the type of visa you seek to ensure that you have prepared all documentation.
- Passports issued within the preceding decade
- All documents we provide to you.
- The page confirming the interview appointment (bring a page showing the date and time of the interview appointment)
- One identification photograph (50 50 mm)
The color photo must have a white backdrop taken within the past six months.
Since November 1, 2016, photographs of subjects wearing glasses are no longer permissible.
5. Attend the interview
Embassies and consulates of the United States aim to finish interview procedures as efficiently as possible to reduce interview waiting times. Please apply for your interview as soon as possible, as the sooner you try to schedule an appointment, the more likely it will be that you will be able to secure one on the day you prefer. As a general guideline, you should apply for a non-immigrant visa three months before you plan to travel to the United States.
6. Obtain your passport bearing the visa stamp
Your passport, including the visa stamp, will be mailed to your address of record.
After you obtain your passport, carefully review the visa content to ensure there are no problems.