How to Submit a USA Visa Application
Firstly you need to choose the type of visa you require.
The most popular application is the ESTA – The Electronic System for Travel Authorization; is available to citizens of eligible visa waiver countries for stays of up to 90 days. This application process is much faster and requires no Embassy interview and is highly recommended if or when available.
The B1 and B2 Visas are issued to temporary travellers for tourism, business, and medical visits. This visa type allows multiple entries over the course of validity as long as no stay exceeds six months. This visa option does require an in person interview at a US Embassy.
After you complete the online form, your information be reviewed and your processed documentation will be sent to you via e-mail along with the relevant guidance for appointment bookings and supporting documentation to gather where neccesary.
For a detailed breakdown of the information required for the online application please see below:
1. Your Information
- Full name including any other names or alias you have been known by.
- Marital status and their details
- Date of Birth.
- Full address.
- Contact details.
- Nationality, Country of reside you are applying from
- Have you held any other nationality
- How long you wish to stay in the US.
- Do you wish to apply for more than one visit/entry.
- Answer questions on your employment status.
2. Travel Information
- Is your travel due to transiting to another country, if yes provide emergency contact details.
- Your travel plans/itinerary.
- Intended date of travel.
- Length of stay .
- Where you intend to stay whilst in the US.
- Who is funding your trip to the US, provide full details if required.
3. Travel Companions
If you are not travelling alone, please provide full details of any person you are travelling with.
4. Previous U.S. Travel Information
- State whether you have ever been to the US before and whether you have ever held a US Visa, if so provide full details.
- Have you ever been refused a US Visa, been denied entry to the US or have you ever withdrawn an application to enter the US.
- Have you ever been denied and ESTA waiver.
5. Home Address & Contact Information
- Full address and contact details including phone numbers and email addresses. You can enter as many phone numbers and email addresses as you like, in case you have secondary or work contact details.
- Here you can also enter any social media presence that you have, however this is optional.
6. Passport Information
- City, Country of Birth and Country of Citizenship.
- Passport Number.
- Passport issue date and country of issue.
- Passport expiry date.
- Have you ever held a passport or national identity card issued by any other country.
- Are you now or have you ever been a citizen or national of another country.
- State whether you are part of the CBP (Customs and Border Entry Protection) Global Entry Program.
7. U.S. Point of Contact Information
- Provide details of your point of contact in the US, this can be a friend or family member or your hotel details. This can also be somewhere or someone you plan to visit that you have the details of.
8. Parents Details
- Provide full details of your parents, including names, dates of birth and whether they are currently in the US. If they are present in the US, you must confirm their legal status.
- Even if your parents are deceased please provide their details.
9. Employment / Education Details
- Details of your current employer / education details. Name, address, contact details, monthly income, start date, description of duties.
- Details of previous employer as well as current employer.
- Details of any secondary education establishments you have attended in the past including the study dates & course of study.
10. Supplementary Information
- Details of any languages you speak.
- Details of countries you have visited in the last 5 years.
- Have you ever been associated with any professional, social or charitable organisation.
- Do you have any specialized skills or training, such as firearms, explosives, nuclear, biological, or chemical experience.
- Have you ever served in any military organisation.
- Have you ever been removed or deported from any country.
If you answer yes to these questions, additional information will be required which we will contact you to verify.
11. Security Questions
- Provide general information about health.
- Details on any criminal convictions including terrorism offences.
- Past Visa refusals.
12. Final Checks / Acknowledgement
It is important that you thoroughly check all of the answers you have provided as this is the last chance for you to correct any errors you have made. Here you will have the opportunity to alter any mistakes you have made.