Important Travel Document Information – Please Read
The B1 Visa is likely ideal for you if you are ineligible for an ESTA visa waiver or require a longer-term visa. The B-1 visas are for non-immigrants. This visa permits the holder to travel to the United States for business. B visas are valid for nealy all types of temporary travel. Except for F-1 visas, which cover student travel.
The B1 Visa is issued for business. If your trip is for pleasure, you may require:
A B-1 visa is used to gain entry into the United States on a temporary, non-immigrant basis for reasons such as business. You may be eligible to acquire a B1 visa if you are engaging in a business activity such as commercial or professional. However, it is not limited to this. You may also travel for the following reasons;
- Consultation with business partners.
- Traveling on specific dates for a scientific, educational, professional, or business convention or conference.
- Settling an inheritance.
- Contract negotiation.
- Taking part in a short-term training program.
- Transiting via the United States: some individuals with a B-1 visa are permitted to transit through the United States.
- With a B-1 visa, certain aircrew members may enter the United States as deadhead crew.
You cannot be certain that you will be granted a visa. No final trip plans or ticket purchases should be made until you have received your visa.
To be qualified for a B-1 visa, you must be able to establish the following:
- The aim of your journey is to enter the United States for legitimate business purposes;
- you intend to stay for a set period of time; and you have adequate means to cover the costs of your trip and your stay in the United States.
- You have a residence outside of the United States that you do not intend to relinquish
- As well as other links that will assure your return to your home country at the end of your visit.
If your application is approved, it takes 3–5 workdays to process before the passport is given to the courier for delivery. You should give the courier at least 2 more workdays to deliver the passport.
If your application was turned down for administrative processing under Section 221(g) of the Immigration and Nationality Act, the consular section will let you know when it is done or if they need more information from you. Please know that we dont know how long it will take to do administrative work. In some situations, it could take months or even years.
If you were told at the interview that you need a waiver of ineligibility before you can get the visa, it could take up to 8 months to process your application from the date of the interview. If an application isnt complete, it will take longer.
We cannot guarantee visa issuance or visa processing times in advance. All times given for processing are only estimates. If you need a visa, we suggest that you apply well before the date you want to travel, and that you dont make any non-refundable travel plans until you have both your passport and visa.
A Visa is required for any foreign national wishing to enter the United States. It could be a non-immigrant visa for a short period of time or an immigrant visa for a long period of time. To enter the United States, Indians must get a non-immigrant visa.