USA Visa Types

USA Visa Types

There are various visa types available for travel to the USA. You should determine the best visa that suits your travel needs.

Click Below To View The Available USA Visa Types.

Important Travel Document Information – Please Read

Travelers wishing to visit the United States for tourism, business, or transit through the country will require a USA visa or visa waiver. For applicants who are not eligible for the visa waiver program, they should apply for the B1/B2 visitor visa instead.

You will NOT be permitted entry to the USA without a valid travel authorization so it’s important you apply as soon as possible to avoid complications.

Typical activities that are undertaken with a USA visa are as follows:

  • Holiday / Vacation
  • Permitted Business Activities
  • Short-Course Studies
  • Cruise Ship / Vessel Workers
  • Amateur Entertainers / Athletes

To start the U.S. visa application process, please click below.

USA Visa Applications

A USA visa permits a foreign individual to request permission to enter the country at a US port of entry (usually an airport). We can ensure that your USA visa application goes smoothly, but an approved USA visa does not guarantee access to the US.

At the port of entry, officials from the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and US Customs and Border Protection (CBP) have the ability to allow or reject entrance. The CBP officer will give you an entry sticker or a paper Form I-94, also known as an Arrival/Departure Record if you are allowed to enter the United States.

Non-Immigrant Visas

If you are not a citizen or lawful permanent resident of the United States, you may enter the country on a variety of nonimmigrant visas. What kind of visa is necessary under U.S. immigration law will depend on the reason for your intended journey as well as other details. It’s critical to know what kind of nonimmigrant visa you will require for your trip.

Business/Tourist Visa

Student Visa

Journalist and Media Visa

Domestic Employee Visa

Religious Worker Visa

Transit/Ship Crew Visa

Exchange Visitor Visa

Work Visa

Who Can Visit the USA Without a Visa?

The Visa Waiver Program (VWP) permits citizens of participating countries to travel to the United States for business or tourism for stays of up to 90 days without a visa.

There are currently 40 countries participating in the Visa Waiver Program. The countries that are eligible for the ESTA visa waiver program include but are not limited to:

  • United Kingdom
  • Ireland
  • Australia
  • New Zealand

Entering the USA

To enter or transit to the USA as a visitor, you must get a visa or an Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ESTA) visa waiver.

You should be advised that you won’t typically qualify for an ESTA visa waiver if you’ve visited or traveled through Iran, Iraq, Libya, North Korea, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, or Yemen on or after March 1, 2011, and you’ll need to apply for a US visa instead.

Additionally, you should be aware that if you have been or lived in Cuba, you might not be eligible for an ESTA visa waiver and could need to submit an application for a non-immigrant US visa.

USA Visa Process

You may need to apply for a tourist or transit visa if you are planning a quick trip to the United States for business or pleasure. The steps you should do are as follows:

Check if a visa is required for your travel

See if your nation is a part of the U.S. Visa Waiver Program (VWP). If your nation is not listed, a nonimmigrant visa is required to enter the United States.

Determine the most sutiable USA visa type

B-1 and B-2 visitor visas are the most common for business and leisure travelers. Business travelers who wish to consult with colleagues, attend a conference, settle an estate, or negotiate a contract fall under the B-1 visa category.

The B-2 visa category is for vacationing tourists, individuals traveling for medical care, attending a social function, or taking part in unpaid amateur competitions.

The transit C visa category is for foreign citizens passing through the United States on their way to another nation and making a brief stopover there on the way to their next overseas destination.

Crew personnel of international aircraft or seagoing vessels flying to the United States are eligible for transit C-1, D, and C-1/D visas. 3. Request a visa.

The visa application procedure varies depending on the U.S. Embassy or Consulate you apply to. Pay attention to the guidelines that are relevant to the nation you are in.

Generally, you will require:

  • Complete our online form.
  • An image.
  • Application fee for a visa
  • To arrange a meeting

For detailed information on specific parts of the USA visa process, you can refer to the links below to the right the answer to your query. If you are unable to find any particular information, please contact us via email.

What To Do If Your USA Visa is Refused?

If your US visa is refused, you will receive a letter explaining the reason for the denial. The most common reasons for visa denial include:

-Failure to meet the requirements for the type of visa you are applying for.

-A criminal record or other negative immigration history.

After considering the reasons your visa was refused you can proceed.

-Appeal the decision. You may be able to appeal the decision if you believe that the consular officer made a mistake. However, appeals are rarely successful, and you will need to provide strong evidence to support your appeal.

-Reapply for a visa. You may be able to reapply for a visa if you can address the reasons for your denial. For example, if you were denied because you did not have enough ties to your home country, you could try to provide additional evidence of your ties, such as a letter from your employer or a property deed.

People Also Asked

Visitors from countries that participate in the Visa Waiver Program are able to apply for an USA visa. These countries include, but are not limited to, the following:

United Kingdom (UK), citizens of the United Kingdom (UK), citizens of Ireland (Ireland), citizens of Ireland (Ireland), citizens of Australia (Australian Citizens of New Zealand (NZ), New Zealand (NZ)

For any vacations or holidays in America, you will require a USA visa. Regardless of age, every member of your family will require a USA visa. This is valid for 90 days and allows you to travel to multiple states. Any trip that lasts longer than that will necessitate obtaining a complete visa.

In some situations, a USA visa can be obtained for an unpaid business visit. It is acceptable for the employer to cover any expenses, such as lodging or flights. If you plan to be paid during your time in the United States, youll need to apply for a B1 Visa for Business Visitors or one of the many other work visas available.

Any rejections can be appealed at the embassy. For future Visa Applications, you may want to seek legal assistance or guidance.

You may stay in the USA for a total of 90 days. However, the USA visa lasts for 2 years after it has been granted. During this time, you can travel to the USA as many times as you like, as long as each trip is maximum 90 days.

If this is the case, you must apply for a B2 visa regardless of reason. Apply for a B1 if it is for business

You are allowed to work, as long as you are not taking employment directly from an American firm. You are not allowed to take any payment for any work in the USA, your employer and payments must be outside of the USA.

Visa Applicationsinformation centre

Copyright © 2024 . All rights reserved.

All visa applicants are responsible for the accuracy of their visa application forms and must carefully consider the requirements set out in the visa application forms and complete all application forms fully and truthfully. is a private company and is not affiliated with any government body. All support and advice of your visa documentation will be under the guidance of an SRA registered legal practitioner. Visa fees must be paid directly to the relevant consular authority as advised and are not included in our service fees.
Visa Applications Ltd – 11887108.

It is necessary to use/accept cookies on this site to process your application.

NOTE, we do not use tracking or advertising cookies or provide your details to 3rd parties. For more information please refer to our .