Requirements for a B2 Visa
- Demonstrate that your stay is just transitory.
- Show your desire to leave the United States at the conclusion of your stay (or any extension)
- Possess a valid passport from another country
- Maintain a residence outside of the United States that you expect to return to.
- You are financially self-sufficient while in the nation.
The tourist visa to the United States is known as a B2 Visa. It is a non-immigrant visa that allows persons to visit the United States for the purpose of pleasure, tourism, or medical treatment. The Visitor Visa is available to any foreign citizen who wishes to visit the United States for tourism, to visit with family and friends, to attend special events such as family functions and ceremonies, or to receive medical care.
For those who wish to travel to the USA for business purposes such as meetings, conferences, negotiations etc. should apply for a B1 visa.
Obtaining a B-2 visa to the United States is subject to approval. Each person applying must have a valid passport, complete the application form, pay the fees, and attend a B2 visa interview at the US embassy in their country.
Applicants between 14 and 79 must apply for a visa in person at a pre-arranged interview. Applicants aged 14 and up and those aged 80 and up may be eligible to apply by courier.
To apply for a B2 Visa, you must follow the steps below.
- For each person seeking a visa, regardless of age, complete the online application form.
- Pay the online fee and wait for feedback.
- We will process your documentation, and you shall be guided through the appointment process.
If your application is approved, the passport will be delivered by courier in 3–5 business days. Allow at least two extra business days for the passport to be delivered by the courier.
If your application for administrative processing was refused under Department 221(g) of the Immigration and Nationality Act, the consular section will contact you when this is expired. Or if more information is requested. Please keep in mind that we dont know how long the administrative process will take. In certain circumstances, it might take months or even years.
Suppose your interviewer told you during the interview that you need a waiver of ineligibility before getting the B2 Visa. In that case, it might take up to 8 months to complete your application from the interview date. If an application is incomplete, it will take longer.
We are unable to guarantee visa issuance or processing times in advance. All processing times shown are only estimates. If you require a visa, we recommend applying far ahead of time for your anticipated trip date and not making any non-refundable travel plans until you have both your passport and visa.
B-2 visitor visas are nonimmigrant visas for those visiting the United States for tourism, pleasure, or business.
Additional activities that may be done on the B-2 visa include:
- Medical attention (with proof of medical diagnosis)
- Amateur entertainer (one who performs in a social and/or philanthropic setting, or who competes in a talent show or contest)
- Athletes, amateur (competing in an athletic event for which you will receive no payment, other than incidental expenses)
- A brief course of study (not for those who wish to earn academic credit or complete an academic programme of study)
A Visa is required for any foreign national wishing to enter the United States. It could be a non-immigrant visa for a short period of time or an immigrant visa for a long period of time. To enter the United States, Indians must get a non-immigrant visa.