Short-Stay Schengen (C-Visa)

Short-Stay Schengen (C-Visa)

Visa applications for visits of up to 90 days in the Schengen area. Click below to get started.

Important Travel Document Information – Please Read

The Type C Schengen Visa is for short stays. This is the most common visa, and it is given for “reasons other than immigration.” With this visa type, you can stay in the Schengen visa area for up to three months in a half-year after your first entry. With a Schengen visa type C, you can’t move to another country, but you can make several trips or one long one.

When applying for a Short-Stay Schengen visa, you may choose the following:

To start your application process, please click below.

Schengen Visa Process

Getting a Schengen visa is easy as long as you have all the necessary paperwork.

When applying for a Schengen visa, you would need to send in your passport and some other documents. You can also go to the consulate of the Schengen state you want to visit with a filled-out application form and all the necessary documents. No matter how you apply for the visa, it is usually processed within 15 working days from the day of your appointment.

Documents Required For Short-Stay Schengen C-Visas

Here’s a list of the documents required for Short-Stay Schengen C-Visas

Completed Schengen visa application Form

A valid passport signed by the owner that was issued within the last ten years and is valid for at least three months after the end of the trip to a Schengen member state

Residence permit if applying from outside your country of nationality.

A passport photo that is 35 mm x 45 mm and no more than three months old. Passport photos that have been changed digitally can't be used.

Reserved return ticket for a plane, ferry, or train. When you book a ticket, please keep in mind that submitting a complete application does not mean you will get a visa.

Confirmed hotel booking(s) for your entire stay in the territory of the Member States or proof that you have enough money to pay for your lodging during your planned stay

A health insurance policy for travel that covers at least €30,000 is good in all Schengen countries.

Proof of residence in the country of application (i.e., latest tax bill, utility bill, bank statement, pension certificate, or similar)

Proof of financial means showing that you have enough money to live on during your stay, such as bank statements in your name showing transactions from the last three mon

Schengen Travel Insurance

You must have travel insurance for your trip to the Schengen area. Once your visa is approved, you will need to show proof of your Schengen travel insurance to finish the visa process. When you travel to a Schengen country, your Schengen travel insurance should cover you in case of an emergency.

The policy should cover you for at least €30,000 and cover ALL schengen countries, even if you are only visiting one.

You should have student travel insurance for a Schengen visa if you are going to school.

Extra Paperwork For Minors

  • Both parents or all guardians must sign the minors application. Please show proof that one parent has sole custody if only one can sign the application.
  • The original passports of both parents and a copy or certified copy of the biodata page from each passport.
  • Original and copy of the child’s birth certificate
  • If applicable, a school certificate from the United Kingdom.

Essential travel information for unaccompanied minors: We strongly recommend that both parents sign a declaration or letter of consent allowing the minor to travel and stay in the territory of the Schengen member states and naming a person who will be in charge of them while they travel.

Short-Stay Schengen Purposes

When applying for a short-stay schengen visa, there are many purposes you can choose. You must submit any information including the reason for your visit to the embassy before travelling. The reasons you could visit could be:

  • Tourism
  • Business
  • Religious
  • Cultural
  • Sports
  • Study
  • Friend / Family Visits
  • Journalistic purposes

For detailed information on specific parts of the EU visa process, you can refer to the links below to find the answer to your query. If you are unable to find any detailed information, please contact us via email.

If you are third-country national, you will need a visa to enter France. In fact, you will need a visa to enter any other Schengen country. Short-stay Schengen C-visas permit stays of up to 90 days. While a national D-visa/residence permit is for more extended stays in the country.

How long does it take to get a short-stay schengen

The processing time for a Schengen visa can vary depending on the country where you are applying, the time of year, and the complexity of your application. However, the standard processing time is 15 working days. This means that it will take 15 days from the date you submit your application not including weekends for the embassy or consulate to make a decision.

In some cases, the processing time may be longer. For example, if your application is incomplete or if you are applying during peak travel season, it may take up to 30 days for your visa to be processed. In very rare cases, the processing time may be even longer, up to 60 days.

There are a few things you can do to speed up the processing of your Schengen visa application. First, make sure that you submit all of the required documents. Second, apply for your visa early, at least 3 months before your planned travel date. Third, be prepared to answer questions about your travel plans.

People Also Asked

You are permitted to travel to the Netherlands and other Schengen nations for a maximum of 90 days within a 180-day period with a short-stay Schengen visa. Your visa will be good for a set amount of time. This time frame can be less than 90 days.

A Schengen visa allows you to travel to any of the 27 Schengen countries, while a national visa only allows you to travel to the country that issued the visa.

If your application for a Schengen visa is denied, you will not be able to travel to any of the Schengen countries. You may be able to appeal the decision, but this is not always successful.

There are two main types of Schengen visas:

  • Short-stay visas (type C) allow you to stay in the Schengen area for up to 90 days in any 180-day period.
  • Long-stay visas (type D) allow you to stay in the Schengen area for more than 90 days.
Visa Applicationsinformation centre

Copyright © 2024 . All rights reserved.

All visa applicants are responsible for the accuracy of their visa application forms and must carefully consider the requirements set out in the visa application forms and complete all application forms fully and truthfully. is a private company and is not affiliated with any government body. All support and advice of your visa documentation will be under the guidance of an SRA registered legal practitioner. Visa fees must be paid directly to the relevant consular authority as advised and are not included in our service fees.
Visa Applications Ltd – 11887108.

It is necessary to use/accept cookies on this site to process your application.

NOTE, we do not use tracking or advertising cookies or provide your details to 3rd parties. For more information please refer to our .