How To Submit a Schengen Visa Application
After you complete the online form, your information be reviewed and your processed documentation will be sent to you via e-mail along with the relevant guidance.
For a detailed breakdown of the submission process please continue reading:
1. Choose which Visa you require
You can choose from the following options:
- Short-Stay; this Visa allows you to stay in the Schengen Area for a maximum of 90 days within a 180-day period. This Visa is valid for a specified period of time. An express option is available for this application which will guarantee a response to your application within 24 hours. The express option does not guarantee an earlier appointment.
- Long-Stay; A Schengen State’s long stay visa or residence permit permits you to travel or stay in other Schengen States while adhering to the maximum time of a “short stay” (a stay of “90 days in any 180 day period”).
2. Your information
In this section you will be asked to provide your full name (if your name has changed since your birth, you will be required to provide this), gender, address, contact information, National Identity or Insurance Number, your marital status and, if required, your relationship to the inviting party.
You should enter this information as it is written in your passport to avoid any discrepencies during submission.
3. Passport information
Have your passport by your side and provide the following information:
- Date of birth.Application
- Nationality and nationality at birth if different.
- Where you were born, town/city and country.
- Passport number.
- Date of issue.
- Date of expiry.
- Place of Issue.
- National Identity number
If you make any mistakes in this section you will have the chance to fix them several times before submitting your application in-person.
4. Travel information
Provide full details of your travel plans, including:
- Your full travel itinerary.
- Number of entries required (Single, Double or Multiple entry)
- What country you will arrive into.
- What countries you intend to visit in time order.
- Dates of intended travel.
- What is the purpose of your travel (tourism, business/work, visiting family and friends, vocational or to study etc) answer as concisely as possible.
- Have you held any previous Schengen Visas if so when and where for.
- Accommodation details.
All of the above details are essential to a successful application, if you have not yet arranged any flights or accomodation, you should do so before applying. Refundable accomodation is the safest option.
5. Additional questions
Provide as much information as possible to ensure your application goes smoothly:
- How your trip is to be funded, whether you are funding it yourself or do you have a sponsor.
- Do you have a family member/spouse already in a Schengen Country.
If you are travelling or joining with an EU family member, any visa fees payable to the Embassy can be waived.
6. Final Checks
It is important that you thoroughly check all of the answers you have provided as this is the last chance for you to correct any errors you have made. Here you will have the opportunity to alter any mistakes you have made.