Important Travel Information – Please Read
Third-country nationals who live in the United Kingdom and want to visit France must first obtain a UK to France Visa. The most important criterion is that you hold a valid UK resident visa for at least three months beyond the date you intend to depart France / the Schengen Area.
- The only Schengen country you intend to visit is France.
- France is your primary destination (the country in which you will spend the most time)
- And the first Schengen country you will visit (when spending an equal amount of days in France and another Schengen country)
How can I get a UK to France visa?
The application process for a French visa in the United Kingdom is pretty much the same as it is in any other nation.
Follow these procedures to apply for a French visa in the United Kingdom:
- Determine which type of French short-stay visa you require. There are several sorts of French Schengen visas available, depending on your reason for visiting France from the United Kingdom.
- Learn where you may apply for a French visa in the United Kingdom.
- When should you apply for a French visa in the United Kingdom? The earliest you can apply for a French visa in the UK is six months before your scheduled trip, and the latest you can apply is at least 15 working days before your intended trip from the UK to France.
- For UK residents, gather the required French visa documents.
- Make an appointment for an interview at the French visa application centre in the United Kingdom. An appointment for a French visa can be made online, over the phone, or in person. More information on how to schedule a French visa appointment may be found further down in this post.
- On the day of your appointment, show up for your interview. Arrive on time and try not to be jittery. Keep in mind that the interview is an important component of your visa application.
- Pay the visa cost in France.
- Wait for your French visa to be processed.
You have six months to apply for a French visa before your scheduled trip. However, because processing takes at least 15 days from the day your application is received, you should submit your application at least 15 days before your intended departure date.
If you plan to travel from the UK to France for the following reasons, you must apply for a French Schengen visa:
For the sake of business.
I'm going to see some friends and family.
Tourism and vacations.
Cultural and sporting events will be held.
Transportation to and from airports, as well as transportation for sailors.
It's an official visit.
Due to medical grounds.
For the purpose of a short-term investigation.
The French consulate in the United Kingdom can give you a single-entry visa, a double-entry visa, or a multiple-entry visa, depending on your reasons for visiting France
- those who properly reside in the Schengen region and want to visit friends or family there.
- Business – A lot of people frequently travel to and from the Schengen nations.
- medical justifications – To receive medical care in any Schengen member nation.
- who want to enrol in courses at universities, language institutes, or other educational institutions for a duration of less than 3 months.
- One of the most well-known reasons for entering the Schengen area is tourism. However, you are permitted to list a number of reasons for your travel
You may apply for a French visa six months in advance of your trip. However, as the processing time is at least 15 days from the date of your application, you should submit your application at least 15 days before to your departure from the United Kingdom.
During the busy season (May-Sep), appointments can be booked up months in advance.
Note: The French Consulate General in London recommends that you apply for a visa at least 20 working days (four weeks) before your departure date for France to prevent problems.
French Visa Process
After you have completed the online form and submitted your data, your information will be reviewed and your application will be processed. First and foremost, any mistakes or ambiguous information will be clarified or corrected to ensure that there are no issues with any visa applications.
To submit your application, you must make an appointment, but before you do, we’ll check our schedule and let you know what’s best. You must obtain the required documentation, including verification of your lodging and travel to and from the country, to show that you have the financial means to support yourself.
Your application will go through our 8-point verification process when you submit it to make sure there won’t be any issues with your authorisation. Your consultation call with the lawyer may take up to 72 hours to arrange, however you will be informed as soon as your application is received. Every update will be sent to the email address you provided.
For detailed information on specific parts of the EU visa process, you can refer to the links to the right to find the answer to your query. If you are unable to find any particular information, please contact us via email.
For detailed information on specific parts of the EU visa process, you can refer to the links below to find the answer to your query. If you are unable to find any detailed information, please contact us via email.
|EU Visa News|
|EU Visa Fees|
|Schengen Visa Types|
|How to submit a Visa Application|
The 26 Schengen member states are as follows and all follow the same visa procedure:
Documents Required For Visas to France from the UK
- A passport or other travel document that is valid. Please ensure that: your passport was issued within the last ten years; your passport has two complete blank pages, one for the visa stamp and the other as a spare page; and your passport has two full blank pages, one for the visa stamp and the other as a spare page.
- After you leave the Schengen Area, your passport will be valid for at least three (3) months.
- A valid UK residency permit or other form of ID card is required:
- The residence permit for the United Kingdom must be endorsed in the passport itself (or a new biometric ID card).
- The UK resident permit must be valid for at least another three months after your departure date from France.
- There is only one visa application form in French. It must be properly filled out and signed by the applicant (please read the explanations carefully).
- One passport photo with a light background is properly coloured and reveals all of the features of the face. The photo must be recent (less than three months) and pasted to the application form. Photographs affixed to applications will be refused.
- A cover letter outlining the reason of your trip to France.
- Documentation of travel arrangements: Round-trip flight/travel reservations or other proof of intended transportation, as well as your detailed itinerary for your vacation to France are required (if several Schengen States will be visited or if the trip covers the several Schengen States and non-Schengen countries).
- Travel insurance for France. Declaring that you are protected not only in France but across the Schengen zone in the event of a medical emergency and repatriation (minimum coverage of € 30.000). Travelers from the United Kingdom can buy travel insurance from AXA Schengen, MondialCare, or Europ Assistance online.
- Accommodation proof in France:
- Evidence of a hotel reservation or a rental agreement in France
- Invitation from your French host (family member, friend) accompanied by a copy of their passport (proof of sponsorship)
- In your hosts home, obtain evidence of lodging from the town hall.
- Proof of financial adequacy:
- According to a recent statement from the UK bank account for the last three months, at least 65€ per person per day was spent in France. This tax is only charged if you have a pre-paid hotel reservation in France. Otherwise, the daily rate is doubled to 120€. This fee decreases to 32.25€ per day if you proof cheaper sources of lodging.
Within three days of filing, you can expect an update on any Visa Applications. For a response within 24 hours, you can select express processing during checkout.
After you show up for your appointment, the Embassy may take up to 15 working days to process your visa.