There are two scenarios where you will need to obtain a sponsor licence. If you want to employ a skilled worked from outside the EEA and Switzerland you will need to apply for and obtain a Tier 2 sponsor licence. If you are a recognised education provider and wish to have students from outside of the EEA and Switzerland you will need to apply for and obtain a Tier 4 sponsor licence. The application processes for either a Tier 2 or a Tier 4 sponsor licence are subject to stringent criteria.

Prior to applying for sponsor licence, you should work with a lawyer who has specialist knowledge in this field. You will need to ensure all of your business policies and processes are in line with current regulations.

There are requirements that you must be able to meet to be considered for a sponsor licence:

  • You will not be considered for a sponsor licence if you have previous rejected applications.
  • You must be able to prove that the employment or education that you intend to offer is genuine. When employing an overseas worker, you will need to provide an adequate salary for that position.
  • You must demonstrate that you have proper monitoring systems in place for your sponsored student or employee.
  • A business must be operating lawfully within the UK and be a bona fide company.
  • An employer must have failed to recruit a suitable worker from the UK.

Copyright © 2022 . All rights reserved.

All visa applicants are responsible for the accuracy of their Visa Applications forms and must carefully consider the requirements set out in the visa application forms and complete all application forms fully and truthfully and provide correct and accurate information and documentation in support of their visa. is a private company and is not affiliated with any government body. All processing of your visa will be carried out by a professionally qualified 3rd party legal entity. Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited. Digital Litigation Ltd – 11887108.

UK VisasUSA VisasSchengen VisasThai Visas