Tier 2 – Working Visas

To apply for a work visa in the UK you will need to apply under the PBS (points based system). There are different tiers and you will need to consult with a legal professional to ensure you are applying under the correct tier.

Typically, when you are applying to work in the UK you will be applying under tier 2. Tier 2 then has sub-categories, one is applicable to those who are transferring from a multi-national company that also trades in the UK this is referred to as intra company transfer and another is applicable to skilled workers who are from outside the EEA and Switzerland.

Apply for an initial consultation to get started and have a qualified immigration solicitor work on your application.

You would apply for this type of visa to work in the UK if you are from outside of the EU and Switzerland and have been offered full time employment within the UK from a business that has a sponsor licence.

There are other circumstances that you may be considered for a visa under the Tier 2 General visa. For example, if you are classed as a migrant worker but possess a specific skill that is classed in short supply within the UK recruitment pool then you may well be granted a visa. Also, eligible to apply under this visa are those who are ministers of religion or sportsperson.

Unless revoked by the Home office this type of visa is valid for up to 5 years, after this you may be eligible to apply for settlement in the UK however you can choose to renew your working visa instead.

As with all visa applications, you should proceed with the application process under guidance from a legal professional.

You would apply for this type of Visa Application if you are currently employed by a multi-national company (who holds a sponsor licence) that is based outside of the EEA and Switzerland and the company wishes to transfer you to their UK based location.

The intra-company transfer visa differs from the general one. There are different restrictions such as, you must have been employed for a minimum of 12 months by the company before being transferred to the UK.

This visa is, unless revoked by the Home Office valid for up to 5 Years. However, after 5 years you cannot apply for settlement. A little more complex variation of this visa applies to graduates whose employers wish for them to spend up 12 months within their UK location to gain experience.

All visa applicants are responsible for the accuracy of their visa application forms and must carefully consider the requirements set out in the visa application forms and complete all application forms fully and truthfully and provide correct and accurate information and documentation in support of their visa. Visa-Applications.org is a private visa support company and works under the governance of a SRA registered solicitor and is not affiliated with any government body. Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited.
Informative Media UK Ltd - 10435668.