UK Visas for Settlement

UK Visas for Settlement

UK Visas for Settlement

A UK settlement visa permits you to live, and study in the UK with almost no restrictions in the future.

Permanent settlement status is the most comprehensive and long-term status available.

Applying for permanent residency can be difficult.

If you have been present in the UK for five years or more on another type of visa, such as a work, study, or business visa, you can apply for a UK settlement visa. If you are from Switzerland or the  EEA and have lived in the country for the same amount of time, you can also apply for settlement.

To start your application process, please click below.

The UK settlement visa allows a person to remain in the UK for an unlimited period of time. Because there are almost no restrictions, these visas are required by anyone who has previously held a long-term visa.

Residence and Settlement in the United Kingdom

The main distinctions between residence and settlement in the United Kingdom

A Start-up visa, for example, would require you to devote all your working hours to developing your business idea so that an endorsing body can continue their support. You cannot leave your studies if you are here on a Student visa. A Spouse visa valid if you continue to live in a genuine relationship with your British partner.

An Investor visa is granted if you invest £2,000,000 in contributions to the British economy, which may explain why the requirements are more flexible. 

To be eligible to apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR) you must first spend several years in the UK on a temporary visa.

. A visa has an expiration date, whereas an ILR does not. Most visas, however, can be extended before the current one expires.

With a few exceptions, most long-term visas restrict your ability to do things in the UK.

Some long-term visas do not require any English proficiency.

Apply for Humanitarian Aid and Asylum

If you have a residence card, you can apply for an indefinite settlement visa in the UK as either:

  • A refugee 
  • A person receiving humanitarian assistance

Apply for Naturalization and British Citizenship

You may be eligible to apply for British citizenship if you meet the following criteria: 

  • You are 18 or older 
  • You are of good character 
  • You intend to remain in the UK 
  • You meet English competency and Life in the UK requirements
  • You satisfy the residency requirement.
  • You have lived in the UK for five years or more and have spent no more than 450 days outside the country.

Before you can apply, you must have had ILR in the EEA for at least 12 months.

Who is Eligible to Apply for Residency in the United Kingdom?

Decided based on Long Continuous Residence

If you have been lawfully residing in the United Kingdom for ten years or more, you may apply for a UK settlement visa based on ‘long continuous residence.’

If you have been present in the UK for over 20 years, you may be eligible to apply for limited leave to remain based on long continuous residence.

For detailed information on specific parts of the UK Visa Process, you can refer to the links on the left to find the answer to your query. If you are unable to find any particular information, please contact us

Other UK Visa Types

A Visa is required for any foreign national wishing to enter the United Kingdom. You can choose from the following:

You must also apply for the Standard Visitor Visa if you plan to study in the United Kingdom for a brief amount of time or if you need to transit through the nation.

Permanently Join Your British Partner

If you and your partner are in a full time relationship and your partner is a UK citizen, an EEA citizen living in the UK, or has ‘indefinite leave to remain,’ you can apply to join them on a UK settlement visa.

Join Your Parents in the UK Permanently

You may be eligible for a visa to live in the UK if you are the child dependant of a UK citizen or a person with settled status.

If your partner is a migrant worker in the United Kingdom, you can apply to join them under the points-based system. 

If you are an EEA citizen, you are permitted to apply for a ‘permanent residence card,’ which will permit you to stay in the UK indefinitely.

People Also Asked

It is a type of status you can apply for if you want to permanently live, work, and study in the UK, with few restrictions in the future.

To be granted settlement, you must complete a lengthy application and provide extensive evidence that you have been resident in the UK for at least five years.

Settled status is similar to indefinite leave to remain, is part of the EU Settlement Scheme, and is available to EU, EEA, and Swiss citizens. It’s similar to indefinite leave to remain because if you are granted settled status, you are allowed
unlimited time to stay in the UK. As a result, settled status is a kind of UK settlement visa.

The Home Office grants leave to remain to individuals seeking permanent residency in the United Kingdom.

Its full name is ‘Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR),’ and it permits a person to work, live, and study in the United Kingdom with few restrictions. Permanent residency or settlement is another term for indefinite leave to remain.

Visa Applicationsinformation centre

Copyright © 2024 . All rights reserved.

All visa applicants are responsible for the accuracy of their visa application forms and must carefully consider the requirements set out in the visa application forms and complete all application forms fully and truthfully. is a private company and is not affiliated with any government body. All support and advice of your visa documentation will be under the guidance of an SRA registered legal practitioner. Visa fees must be paid directly to the relevant consular authority as advised and are not included in our service fees.
Visa Applications Ltd – 11887108.

It is necessary to use/accept cookies on this site to process your application.

NOTE, we do not use tracking or advertising cookies or provide your details to 3rd parties. For more information please refer to our .