Posted: 5th January 2022
What documents should I bring with me when I apply for a visa?
You must present the following documents when applying for a Tourist Schengen Visa:
- Form for obtaining a visa. Completely filled out with accurate data, printed, and signed at the conclusion. Here are two recent photographs. In accordance with the Schengen visa photo standards, taken within the last three months.
- A valid passport is required. It must be no more than 10 years old and valid for at least three months beyond your planned stay in Schengen. In order to apply the visa sticker, it must have at least two blank pages.
- Itinerary or roundtrip reservation A document that specifies entry and exit dates and flight numbers from the Schengen area. Learn how to make a flight reservation in order to apply for a tourist visa.
- Health Insurance for Travelers. Evidence proving you have obtained health insurance for the duration of your stay that covers medical emergencies with a minimum of €30,000. AXA Schengen or Europ Assistance offer insurance policies that can be simply acquired online.
- Proof of lodging is required. Evidence demonstrating where you will be staying throughout your Schengen stay. This might be a hotel or hostel reservation. For the duration of your stay in the Schengen area, provide your full name, complete address, phone number, and e-mail address.
- You will be staying in the country if you have hired a place, provide a lease agreement.
- Tour organizers letter. If youre going on a tour with a company, such as visiting Auschwitz in Poland.
- Financial proof is required. Evidence that you will be able to sustain yourself throughout your Schengen stay. This could be a statement from your bank account.
- Letter of Sponsorship When someone else will cover the cost of your journey to the Schengen Zone. Affidavit of Support is another name for it. A hybrid of the two.
- Employment proof is required.
- If you get a job: Contract of employment, permission from the employer to take time off
- Return on Taxes
- If you work for yourself: a copy of your business licence, the companys bank statement for the last six months, and the most recent six months income tax return (ITR)
- If youre a student, you should: Give proof of Enrollment University
- Travel Itinerary letter. A description of your journey to Europe, including the aim of your trip, the destinations you plan to visit in Europe, the time frame, and all of your personal information.
For minors only:
- If the parents are divorced, either a birth certificate, proof of adoption, or a custody decree; if the parents are not divorced, a death certificate of the parent. Parental consent letter with copies of both parents/legal guardians passports