The University of Portsmouth is a public university located in Portsmouth, England. It was founded in 1870 and is known for its world-class research and teaching in a wide range of subjects, including engineering, business, science, and the arts. Portsmouth is a popular choice for international students, with over 9,000 international students from over 120 countries studying at the university.
What types of programmes are available to study at University of Portsmouth?
Portsmouth offers over 300 undergraduate and postgraduate programmes in a variety of subjects, including:
- Arts and humanities: English literature, history, philosophy, theology, languages, and linguistics.
- Business and economics: accounting and finance, business administration, economics, finance, international business, management, marketing, and more.
- Engineering and technology: aerospace engineering, biomedical engineering, civil engineering, computer science, electrical engineering, electronic engineering, mechanical engineering, software engineering, and more.
- Science: applied mathematics, biochemistry, biology, chemistry, computer science, environmental science, forensic science, physics, and more.
Helpful Information For Studying Abroad at University of Portsmouth
If you are an international student considering studying at Portsmouth, there are a few things you need to know:
- Visa requirements: You will need to apply for a student visa to study in the UK. You can find more information about visa requirements on the UK government website.
- Entry requirements: Entry requirements vary depending on the programme you are applying for. You can find more information about entry requirements on the Portsmouth website.
- Funding: There are a number of scholarships and bursaries available to international students studying at Portsmouth. You can find more information about funding on the Portsmouth website.
- Accommodation: Portsmouth offers a variety of accommodation options for international students. You can find more information about accommodation on the Portsmouth website.
- Support services: Portsmouth offers a range of support services to international students, including immigration advice, academic support, and personal support. You can find more information about support services on the Portsmouth website.
Culture & Events in Portsmouth
Portsmouth is a vibrant and historic city with a lot to offer students. The city is home to a number of museums, galleries, and theatres, as well as a variety of restaurants and bars. Portsmouth also hosts a number of festivals and events throughout the year, including:
- Victor Festival: A week-long festival celebrating the city’s maritime history and culture.
- Portsmouth International Kite Festival: A two-day festival featuring kite displays from all over the world.
- Portsmouth Dickens Festival: A three-day festival celebrating the life and works of Charles Dickens.
- Portsmouth Christmas Market: A traditional Christmas market with stalls selling food, drinks, and gifts.
How to apply to study at the University of Portsmouth as an international student
- Choose a programme
Visit the University of Portsmouth website and browse the undergraduate and postgraduate programmes available. Once you have found a programme that you are interested in, you can read more about the entry requirements and how to apply.
- Check your eligibility
Make sure that you meet the entry requirements for the programme you are interested in. You can find this information on the programme page on the university website.
- Submit an online application
To apply to study at the University of Portsmouth, you will need to submit an online application. You will need to provide your personal details, academic qualifications, and a personal statement. You may also need to submit additional documents, such as a portfolio or letters of recommendation.
- Pay the application fee
There is an application fee of £50 for international students. You can pay the application fee online using a credit or debit card.
- Attend an interview
If you are shortlisted for the programme you have applied to, you will be invited to attend an interview. The interview will be conducted online or in person, depending on your circumstances.
- Accept your offer
If you are offered a place at the University of Portsmouth, you will need to accept your offer within the deadline specified.
Visa application process
Once you have accepted your offer to study at the University of Portsmouth, you will need to apply for a student visa. This is done online via the UK government website and Visa-Applications.org can assist you with this process.
To apply for a student visa, you will need to provide the following documents:
- A valid passport
- A completed visa application form
- A letter of acceptance from the University of Portsmouth
- Proof of financial support
- Evidence of English language proficiency
- A biometric scan of your fingerprints and photograph
The visa application process can take several weeks, so it is important to start your application early.