Loughborough University is a public research university located in Loughborough, Leicestershire, England. It was founded in 1909 as the Loughborough Technical Institute and was granted its royal charter in 1966. Loughborough is a member of the Midlands Engine, a collaboration of businesses, universities, and local authorities in the Midlands region of England.
Loughborough is a popular choice for international students, with over 3,000 international students from over 100 countries studying at the university. Loughborough offers a wide range of undergraduate and postgraduate programmes, as well as research opportunities.
What types of programmes are available to study at Loughborough University?
Loughborough offers a wide range of undergraduate and postgraduate programmes in a variety of subjects, including:
- Arts and humanities
- Business and economics
- Design and creative arts
- Environmental science
- Health and life sciences
- Social sciences
- Sport and exercise science
You can find a full list of programmes offered by Loughborough on the university website.
Helpful Information For Studying Abroad at Loughborough University
If you are an international student considering studying at Loughborough, there are a few things you need to know:
- Visa requirements: You will need to apply for a student visa to study in the UK. You can find more information about visa requirements on the UK government website.
- Entry requirements: Entry requirements vary depending on the programme you are applying for. You can find more information about entry requirements on the Loughborough website.
- Funding: There are a number of scholarships and bursaries available to international students studying at Loughborough. You can find more information about funding on the Loughborough website.
- Accommodation: Loughborough offers a variety of accommodation options for international students. You can find more information about accommodation on the Loughborough website.
- Support services: Loughborough offers a range of support services to international students, including immigration advice, academic support, and personal support. You can find more information about support services on the Loughborough website.
Culture & Events in Loughborough
Loughborough is a vibrant and multicultural town with a lot to offer students. The town is home to a number of museums, galleries, and theatres, as well as a variety of restaurants and bars. Loughborough also hosts a number of festivals and events throughout the year, including:
- Loughborough International Music Festival
- Loughborough Literary Festival
- Loughborough Food and Drink Festival
- Loughborough Christmas Market
How to apply to study at Loughborough University as an international student
1. Choose a programme
Visit the Loughborough University website and browse the undergraduate and postgraduate programmes available. Once you have found a programme that you are interested in, you can read more about the entry requirements and how to apply.
2. Check your eligibility
Make sure that you meet the entry requirements for the programme you are interested in. You can find this information on the programme page on the university website.
3. Submit an online application
To apply to study at Loughborough University, you will need to submit an online application. You can do this through the UCAS website for undergraduate programmes and directly to the Loughborough University website for postgraduate programmes. You will need to provide your personal details, academic qualifications, and a personal statement. You may also need to submit additional documents, such as a portfolio or letters of recommendation.
4. Pay the application fee
The application fee for international students is £45 for undergraduate programmes and £60 for postgraduate programmes. You can pay the application fee online using a credit or debit card.
5. Attend an interview
If you are shortlisted for the programme you have applied to, you may be invited to attend an interview. The interview may be conducted online or in person, depending on your circumstances.
6. Accept your offer
If you are offered a place at Loughborough University, you will need to accept your offer within the deadline specified.
Visa application process
Once you have accepted your offer to study at Loughborough University, you will need to apply for a student visa. This is done online via the UK government website and Visa-Applications.org can assist you with this process.
To apply for a student visa, you will need to provide the following documents:
- A valid passport
- A completed visa application form
- A letter of acceptance from Loughborough University
- Proof of financial support
- Evidence of English language proficiency
- A biometric scan of your fingerprints and photograph
The visa application process can take several weeks, so it is important to start your application early.