The purpose of a UK Parent Visa is to enable a parent of a British citizen or someone with permanent residency in the UK to enter the country and stay there for an extended amount of time. The visas allow parents to live near their children and assist them daily.
This post will supply all the information you need about the UK Parent Visa and how to apply if you are the parent of a British citizen; or a person with established status in the UK and want to move to the UK.
Qualifying for a UK parent Visa
To qualify for a UK Parent Visa, You must fulfill the following requirements:
- You must be a parent of someone who is a British citizen or a resident of the UK.
- It would help if you had no dependents not listed in your application.
- You must be able to maintain yourself financially and have suitable housing without relying on public funds.
- Must pass the Life in the UK exam and demonstrate that you can speak English fluently.
- You cannot have a criminal record or constitute a threat to national security.
Applying for a UK parent Visa
To apply for a UK parent visa, you must check the following:
- Ensure you meet the UK Parent visa requirements before starting the application process.
- Be able to provide all the documents needed for your application. These include your passport, documentation of your parental relationship with your child, proof of your financial income and housing arrangements, and the Life in the UK test results.
- You can apply for a UK Parent Visa online. You will need to pay a fee as part of your application.
- Show up for a biometric session to have your fingerprints and picture taken as part of the application procedure.
How long are the UK parent visa processing times?
Following the submission of your application, you must wait for a ruling. Even though the processing period for a UK parent visa can change, it typically takes 8 to 12 weeks. You will be granted a UK Parent Visa and can travel to the UK if approved.
To summarise, to get a UK Parent Visa, you must make sure you meet the requirements, gather your documents, fill out an application, go to a biometric appointment, and wait for a decision. With a UK Parent Visa, you can go to the UK if your application is approved.