On a UK standard visitor you can are permitted to do any tourist activity. Some examples of tourist activities to do in the UK are:
- Visit tourist attractions, such as Buckingham Palace, the Tower of London, and the British Museum.
- Go shopping in the UK’s wide array of cities and towns.
- See a show in the West End, such as Les Misérables or The Lion King.
- Visit museums and art galleries, such as the National Gallery and the Tate Modern.
- Go on a day trip to one of the UK’s historic monuments such Windsor Castle or Hailes Abbey.
- Attend a sporting event, such as a football match or a rugby match.
You can do certain business activities in the UK on a Standard Visitor Visa, but you cannot work or set up a business in the UK. Here are some of the business activities that you can do on a Standard Visitor Visa:
- Attend business meetings or conferences.
- Give a one-off or short series of talks or presentations, as long as they are not for profit or a commercial event (you must not be paid).
- Carry out site visits and inspections.
- Gather information for your business overseas.
- Be briefed on the requirements of a UK-based customer, as long as any work for the customer is done overseas.
A UK Standard Visitor Visa Permits certain types of study in the UK , but you cannot study full-time or for a qualification. Here are some of the study activities that you can do on a Standard Visitor Visa:
- Take a short course, such as a language course or a cooking course.
- Attend a conference or seminar.
- Do research for your studies overseas.
- Visit a library or archive.
- Observe a class or lecture.
Visiting family or friends
If you have family or friends who reside in the UK you can visit them using a UK Standard Visitor Visa. As part of your application submission, you will be required to confirm your relationship with the person you are visiting. If your relationship cannot be verified then you may face rejection.
Things you cannot do on a UK Standard Visitor Visa
You cannot stay in the UK for longer than 6 months within a 12 month period.
You cannot do any of the following business activities on a Standard Visitor Visa:
- Work in the UK, even if it is unpaid.
- Set up a business in the UK.
- Sell goods or services in the UK.
- Take on any UK clients or customers.
- Receive payment for any work done in the UK.
You cannot do any of the following study activities on a Standard Visitor Visa:
- Study full-time.
- Study for a qualification.
- Work as a student assistant or research assistant.
- Receive funding from a UK university or college.
People also asked
Can you enter the UK multiple times with a standard visitor visa?
a standard visitor visa, provided that this is not endorsed as ‘single’ or ‘dual-entry’, can be used multiple times. This means that the visa-holder can depart and re-enter the UK as many times as they want within the visa’s validity period, up to a maximum of 6 months.
Is return ticket mandatory for UK visitor visa?
There is no legal requirement to have a return ticket to enter the UK, but you may have to demonstrate that you have the means and intentions to leave the UK at the conclusion of your trip.
What to do if you are denied entry to the UK?
If you are denied entry to the UK, you will be asked to leave the country immediately. You will not be allowed to stay in the UK, even if you have a valid visa.