The University of York is a public research university in York, England. It was founded in 1963 and is one of the most prestigious universities in the UK. York is a member of the Russell Group, a network of 24 leading research universities in the UK.
York is a popular choice for international students, with over 5,000 international students from over 150 countries studying at the university. The university offers a wide range of undergraduate and postgraduate programmes, as well as research opportunities.
What types of programmes are available to study at the University of York?
York offers a wide range of undergraduate and postgraduate programmes in a variety of subjects, including:
- Arts and humanities
- Business and economics
- Engineering and physical sciences
- Environment and sustainability
- Health and life sciences
- Mathematics and statistics
- Social sciences
You can find a full list of programmes offered by York on the university website.
Helpful Information For Studying Abroad at the University of York
If you are an international student considering studying at York, there are a few things you need to know:
- Visa requirements: You will need to apply for a student visa to study in the UK. You can find more information about visa requirements on the UK government website.
- Entry requirements: Entry requirements vary depending on the programme you are applying for. You can find more information about entry requirements on the York website.
- Funding: There are a number of scholarships and bursaries available to international students studying at York. You can find more information about funding on the York website.
- Accommodation: York offers a variety of accommodation options for international students. You can find more information about accommodation on the York website.
- Support services: York offers a range of support services to international students, including immigration advice, academic support, and personal support. You can find more information about support services on the York website.
Culture & Events in York
York is a vibrant and historic city with a lot to offer students. The city is home to a number of museums, galleries, and theatres, as well as a variety of restaurants and bars.
York also hosts a number of festivals and events throughout the year, including the York Festival, the York Food Festival, and the York Christmas Market.
How to apply to study at the University of York as an international student
1. Choose a programme
Visit the University of York website and browse the undergraduate and postgraduate programmes available. Once you have found a programme that you are interested in, you can read more about the entry requirements and how to apply.
2. Check your eligibility
Make sure that you meet the entry requirements for the programme you are interested in. You can find this information on the programme page on the university website.
3. Submit an online application
To apply to study at the University of York, you will need to submit an online application. You can do this through the Universities and Colleges Admissions Service (UCAS) for undergraduate programmes and directly to the University of York website for postgraduate programmes. You will need to provide your personal details, academic qualifications, and a personal statement. You may also need to submit additional documents, such as a portfolio or letters of recommendation.
4. Pay the application fee
The application fee for international students is £50 for undergraduate programmes and £60 for postgraduate programmes. You can pay the application fee online using a credit or debit card.
5. Attend an interview
If you are shortlisted for the programme you have applied to, you may be invited to attend an interview. The interview may be conducted online or in person, depending on your circumstances.
6. Accept your offer
If you are offered a place at the University of York, you will need to accept your offer within the deadline specified.
Visa application process
Once you have accepted your offer to study at the University of York, you will need to apply for a student visa. This is done online via the UK government website and Visa-Applications.org can assist you with this process.
To apply for a student visa, you will need to provide the following documents:
- A valid passport
- A completed visa application form
- A letter of acceptance from the University of York
- Proof of financial support
- Evidence of English language proficiency
- A biometric scan of your fingerprints and photograph
The visa application process can take several weeks, so it is important to start your application early.