The University of Surrey is a global community of ideas and people, dedicated to life-changing education and research. With a beautiful and vibrant campus, it provides exceptional teaching and practical learning to inspire and empower its students for personal and professional success.
The university is located in Guildford, Surrey, England, and is one of the most prestigious universities in the UK. Surrey is a member of the Russell Group, a network of 24 leading research universities in the UK.
Surrey is a popular choice for international students, with over 5,000 international students from over 150 countries studying at the university. The university offers a wide range of undergraduate and postgraduate programmes, as well as research opportunities.
What types of programmes are available to study at the University of Surrey?
The University of Surrey offers a wide range of undergraduate and postgraduate programmes in a variety of subjects, including:
- Arts and humanities
- Business and economics
- Engineering and physical sciences
- Environment and sustainability
- Health and life sciences
- Mathematics and statistics
- Social sciences
Some of the most popular programmes at Surrey include:
- Accounting and finance
- Business administration
- Civil engineering
- Computer science
- Data science
- Electrical engineering
- Mechanical engineering
- Software engineering
You can find a full list of programmes offered by the University of Surrey on the university website.
Helpful Information For Studying Abroad at the University of Surrey
If you are an international student considering studying at the University of Surrey, there are a few things you need to know:
- Visa requirements: You will need to apply for a student visa to study in the UK. You can find more information about visa requirements on the UK government website.
- Entry requirements: Entry requirements vary depending on the programme you are applying for. You can find more information about entry requirements on the University of Surrey website.
- Funding: There are a number of scholarships and bursaries available to international students studying at Surrey. You can find more information about funding on the University of Surrey website.
- Accommodation: The University of Surrey offers a variety of accommodation options for international students. You can find more information about accommodation on the University of Surrey website.
- Support services: The University of Surrey offers a range of support services to international students, including immigration advice, academic support, and personal support. You can find more information about support services on the University of Surrey website.
Culture & Events in Surrey
Surrey is a beautiful and historic county located just south of London. It is home to a number of historic towns and villages, as well as beautiful countryside.
Some of the most popular cultural attractions in Surrey include:
- Guildford Castle
- Surrey Hills
- RHS Garden Wisley
- Brooklands Museum
- Watts Gallery
- Rural Life Centre
Surrey also hosts a number of festivals and events throughout the year, including:
- Guildford International Music Festival
- Guildford Shakespeare Festival
- Surrey County Show
- Hampton Court Palace Flower Show
How to apply to study at the University of Surrey as an international student
1. Choose a programme
Visit the University of Surrey website and browse the undergraduate and postgraduate programmes available. Once you have found a programme that you are interested in, you can read more about the entry requirements and how to apply.
2. Check your eligibility
Make sure that you meet the entry requirements for the programme you are interested in. You can find this information on the programme page on the university website.
3. Submit an online application
To apply to study at the University of Surrey, you will need to submit an online application. You can do this through the UCAS website for undergraduate programmes and directly to the University of Surrey website for postgraduate programmes. You will need to provide your personal details, academic qualifications, and a personal statement. You may also need to submit additional documents, such as a portfolio or letters of recommendation.
4. Pay the application fee
The application fee for international students is £50 for undergraduate programmes and £60 for postgraduate programmes. You can pay the application fee online using a credit or debit card.
5. Attend an interview
If you are shortlisted for the programme you have applied to, you may be invited to attend an interview. The interview may be conducted online or in person, depending on your circumstances.
6. Accept your offer
If you are offered a place at the University of Surrey, you will need to accept your offer within the deadline specified.
Visa application process
Once you have accepted your offer to study at the University of Surrey, you will need to apply for a student visa. This is done online via the UK government website and Visa-Applications.org can assist you with this process.
To apply for a student visa, you will need to provide the following documents:
- A valid passport
- A completed visa application form
- A letter of acceptance from the University of Surrey
- Proof of financial support
- Evidence of English language proficiency
- A biometric scan of your fingerprints and photograph
The visa application process can take several weeks, so it is important to start your application early.