The University of Stirling is a public research university located in Stirling, Scotland, UK. It was founded in 1967 and is known for its world-leading research and innovative teaching. Stirling is a popular choice for international students, with over 8,500 international students from over 140 countries studying at the university.
Stirling is also known for its pioneering spirit and a passion for innovation and excellence in all it does. The university is home to a number of world-renowned research institutes and centers, including the Stirling Management School, the Institute of Aquaculture, and the Centre for Environmental Policy and Research.
What types of programmes are available to study at University of Stirling?
Stirling offers over 200 undergraduate and postgraduate programmes in a variety of subjects. Some of the most popular programmes include:
- Accounting and finance
- Biological sciences
- Business administration
- Computer science
- English literature
- Environmental science
- Software engineering
You can find a full list of programmes offered by Stirling on the university website.
Helpful Information For Studying Abroad at University of Stirling
If you are an international student considering studying at Stirling, there are a few things you need to know:
- Visa requirements: You will need to apply for a student visa to study in the UK. You can find more information about visa requirements on the UK government website.
- Entry requirements: Entry requirements vary depending on the programme you are applying for. You can find more information about entry requirements on the Stirling website.
- Funding: There are a number of scholarships and bursaries available to international students studying at Stirling. You can find more information about funding on the Stirling website.
- Accommodation: Stirling offers a variety of accommodation options for international students. You can find more information about accommodation on the Stirling website.
- Support services: Stirling offers a range of support services to international students, including immigration advice, academic support, and personal support. You can find more information about support services on the Stirling website.
Culture & Events in Stirling
Stirling is a historic and vibrant city with a lot to offer students. The city is home to a number of museums, galleries, and theatres, as well as a variety of restaurants and bars. Stirling also hosts a number of festivals and events throughout the year, including:
- Stirling International Arts Festival
- Stirling Highland Games
- Stirling Medieval Festival
- Stirling Christmas Market
How to apply to study at the University of Stirling as an international student
1. Choose a programme
Visit the University of Stirling website and browse the undergraduate and postgraduate programmes available. Once you have found a programme that you are interested in, you can read more about the entry requirements and how to apply.
2. Check your eligibility
Make sure that you meet the entry requirements for the programme you are interested in. You can find this information on the programme page on the university website.
3. Submit an online application
To apply to study at the University of Stirling, you will need to submit an online application. You will need to provide your personal details, academic qualifications, and a personal statement. You may also need to submit additional documents, such as a portfolio or letters of recommendation.
4. Pay the application fee
There is an application fee of £60 for international students. You can pay the application fee online using a credit or debit card.
5. Attend an interview
If you are shortlisted for the programme you have applied to, you may be invited to attend an interview. The interview will be conducted online or in person, depending on your circumstances.
6. Accept your offer
If you are offered a place at the University of Stirling, you will need to accept your offer within the deadline specified.
Visa application process
Once you have accepted your offer to study at the University of Stirling, you will need to apply for a student visa. This is done online via the UK government website and Visa-Applications.org can assist you with this process.
To apply for a student visa, you will need to provide the following documents:
- A valid passport
- A completed visa application form
- A letter of acceptance from the University of Stirling
- Proof of financial support
- Evidence of English language proficiency
- A biometric scan of your fingerprints and photograph
The visa application process can take several weeks, so it is important to start your application early.