Nestled amidst the picturesque town of Hatfield, just north of London, the University of Hertfordshire (UH) is a dynamic and innovative institution that fosters a stimulating and supportive learning environment for students from over 130 countries worldwide. Established in 1952, UH has evolved into a leading center for teaching and research, renowned for its industry-focused approach, commitment to sustainability, and emphasis on student employability.
What types of programmes are available to study at the University of Hertfordshire?
UH offers a comprehensive range of undergraduate and postgraduate programs across a diverse spectrum of disciplines, catering to a wide variety of academic interests and career aspirations. The university’s academic strengths lie in the following areas:
- Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences: Explore the creative realms of art, design, and media, delve into the intricacies of human behavior and societal structures, and gain a deep understanding of history, philosophy, and languages.
- Business, Management, and Law: Navigate the complexities of the global marketplace, develop the skills to lead and manage in today’s dynamic business environment, and understand the legal frameworks that govern our society.
- Computing, Engineering, and Science: Immerse yourself in the cutting-edge fields of computing, engineering, and science, where innovation and technological advancements drive progress.
- Education, Health, and Social Care: Prepare to make a positive impact on society by developing the skills and knowledge to educate future generations, promote well-being, and provide care for those in need.
- Natural Sciences: Discover the wonders of the natural world through a range of programs in biology, chemistry, environmental science, and physics, gaining a comprehensive understanding of the natural environment and its challenges.
Helpful Information For Studying Abroad at the University of Hertfordshire
For international students seeking to embark on their academic journey at the University of Hertfordshire, here’s a comprehensive guide to navigating the application and visa processes:
- Explore Your Options: Begin by exploring UH’s extensive range of undergraduate and postgraduate programs. Browse their website to find the program that aligns with your academic interests and career aspirations.
- Create an Account: Utilize UH’s Applicant Portal to create an account. This will serve as your centralized hub for managing your application process.
- Complete the Application Form: Diligently fill out the online application form, providing accurate and up-to-date information about your academic background, personal details, and relevant experiences.
- Upload Supporting Documents: Upload scanned copies of your academic transcripts, English language test scores, and any other required documents as specified by the program.
- Pay the Application Fee: Pay the non-refundable application fee to complete the submission process. The fee varies depending on your nationality and program choice.
Visa Application Process
If you are an international student from outside the UK, you will need to apply for a visa to study in the UK. The process typically involves the following steps:
- Obtain a Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS): Once you receive an offer of admission from UH, you’ll be eligible to request a CAS. This document is essential for visa applications.
- Register with UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI): Create an account on the UKVI website to initiate the visa application process.
- Complete the Online Visa Application Form: Provide detailed personal information, travel plans, and supporting documents, including your passport, CAS, and financial evidence.
- Attend a Visa Application Center (VAC): Schedule an appointment at a VAC to submit your biometric information, such as fingerprints and photographs.
- Pay the Visa Application Fee: Pay the applicable visa application fee, which may vary depending on your nationality and visa type.
- Await the Visa Decision: UKVI will assess your application and inform you of the outcome within the specified processing time.
Culture & Events in Hatfield
Hatfield, a charming town steeped in history and surrounded by beautiful countryside, provides a welcoming and vibrant atmosphere for students at the University of Hertfordshire. As an international student, you’ll have the opportunity to immerse yourself in the town’s rich tapestry of experiences, from exploring the historic Hatfield House and its stunning gardens to savoring the flavors of global cuisines and participating in community events.
Experience Hatfield’s Cultural Delights
- Hatfield House: Step back in time at Hatfield House, a magnificent Jacobean mansion with a rich history, offering guided tours, exhibitions, and stunning gardens.
- The Spires Shopping Centre: Enjoy a leisurely shopping experience at The Spires Shopping Centre, featuring a variety of high-street brands, cafes, and restaurants.
- Hatfield Park: Immerse yourself in the tranquility of Hatfield Park