The University of Essex is a public research university located in Colchester, Essex, England. It was founded in 1965 and is known for its world-class research and teaching in a wide range of subjects, including business, economics, law, social sciences, arts, and humanities. Essex is a popular choice for international students, with over 3,500 international students from over 100 countries studying at the university.
What types of programmes are available to study at University of Essex?
Essex offers over 300 undergraduate and postgraduate programmes in a variety of subjects, including:
- Business and economics: accounting and finance, business administration, economics, finance, international business, management, marketing, and more.
- Law: law, criminology, and social justice.
- Social sciences: psychology, sociology, politics, international relations, social work, and more.
- Arts and humanities: English literature, history, philosophy, theology, languages, and linguistics.
Helpful Information For Studying Abroad at University of Essex
If you are an international student considering studying at Essex, there are a few things you need to know:
- Visa requirements: You will need to apply for a student visa to study in the UK. You can find more information about visa requirements on the UK government website.
- Entry requirements: Entry requirements vary depending on the programme you are applying for. You can find more information about entry requirements on the Essex website.
- Funding: There are a number of scholarships and bursaries available to international students studying at Essex. You can find more information about funding on the Essex website.
- Accommodation: Essex offers a variety of accommodation options for international students. You can find more information about accommodation on the Essex website.
- Support services: Essex offers a range of support services to international students, including immigration advice, academic support, and personal support. You can find more information about support services on the Essex website.
Culture & Events in Essex
Essex is a vibrant and diverse county with a lot to offer students. The county is home to a number of historic towns and villages, as well as beautiful countryside and coastline. Essex also hosts a number of festivals and events throughout the year, including:
- Colchester Oyster Festival: A two-day festival celebrating the Colchester oyster, with food stalls, live music, and other events.
- Maldon Mud Race: A traditional race held on the mudflats of the River Blackwater.
- Southend Airshow: A two-day airshow featuring aerobatic displays and military aircraft.
- Chelmsford Christmas Market: A traditional Christmas market with stalls selling food, drinks, and gifts.
How to apply to study at the University of Essex as an international student
- Choose a programme
Visit the University of Essex website and browse the undergraduate and postgraduate programmes available. Once you have found a programme that you are interested in, you can read more about the entry requirements and how to apply.
- Check your eligibility
Make sure that you meet the entry requirements for the programme you are interested in. You can find this information on the programme page on the university website.
- Submit an online application
To apply to study at the University of Essex, you will need to submit an online application. You will need to provide your personal details, academic qualifications, and a personal statement. You may also need to submit additional documents, such as a portfolio or letters of recommendation.
- Pay the application fee
There is an application fee of £65 for international students. You can pay the application fee online using a credit or debit card.
- Attend an interview
If you are shortlisted for the programme you have applied to, you may be invited to attend an interview. The interview will be conducted online or in person, depending on your circumstances.
- Accept your offer
If you are offered a place at the University of Essex, you will need to accept your offer within the deadline specified.
Visa application process
Once you have accepted your offer to study at the University of Essex, you will need to apply for a student visa. This is done online via the UK government website and Visa-Applications.org can assist you with this process.
To apply for a student visa, you will need to provide the following documents:
- A valid passport
- A completed visa application form
- A letter of acceptance from the University of Essex
- Proof of financial support
- Evidence of English language proficiency
- A biometric scan of your fingerprints and photograph
The visa application process can take several weeks, so it is important to start your application early.