The University of Dundee is a public research university located in Dundee, Scotland, UK. It was founded in 1881 and is known for its world-class research and teaching in a wide range of subjects, including medicine, dentistry, engineering, science, arts, humanities, law, and business. Dundee is a popular choice for international students, with over 5,500 international students from over 150 countries studying at the university.
What types of programmes are available to study at University of Dundee?
Dundee offers over 300 undergraduate and postgraduate programmes in a variety of subjects, including:
- Arts and humanities: English literature, history, philosophy, theology, languages, and linguistics
- Business and economics: accounting and finance, business administration, economics, marketing, and management
- Engineering, mathematics, and physical sciences: civil engineering, computer science, electrical engineering, electronic engineering, mechanical engineering, mathematics, physics, and chemistry
- Health and life sciences: medicine, dentistry, nursing, pharmacy, and biological sciences
- Law: law, criminology, and social justice
- Natural and environmental sciences: environmental science, geography, and geology
- Social sciences: psychology, sociology, politics, and social policy
Helpful Information For Studying Abroad at University of Dundee
If you are an international student considering studying at Dundee, there are a few things you need to know:
- Visa requirements: You will need to apply for a student visa to study in the UK. You can find more information about visa requirements on the UK government website.
- Entry requirements: Entry requirements vary depending on the programme you are applying for. You can find more information about entry requirements on the Dundee website.
- Funding: There are a number of scholarships and bursaries available to international students studying at Dundee. You can find more information about funding on the Dundee website.
- Accommodation: Dundee offers a variety of accommodation options for international students. You can find more information about accommodation on the Dundee website.
- Support services: Dundee offers a range of support services to international students, including immigration advice, academic support, and personal support. You can find more information about support services on the Dundee website.
Culture & Events in Dundee
Dundee is a vibrant city with a lot to offer students. The city is home to a number of museums, galleries, and theatres, as well as a variety of restaurants and bars. Dundee also hosts a number of festivals and events throughout the year, including:
- Dundee International Festival: A month-long festival of arts and culture, featuring performances, exhibitions, and events from all over the world.
- Dundee Jazz Festival: A four-day festival of jazz music, featuring concerts, workshops, and jam sessions.
- Dundee Comedy Festival: A three-day festival of comedy, featuring stand-up, sketch shows, and improv.
- Dundee Science Festival: A week-long festival of science and technology, featuring events and activities for all ages.
- Dundee Christmas Market: A traditional Christmas market with stalls selling food, drinks, and gifts.
How to apply to study at the University of Dundee as an international student
1. Choose a programme
Visit the University of Dundee website and browse the undergraduate and postgraduate programmes available. Once you have found a programme that you are interested in, you can read more about the entry requirements and how to apply.
2. Check your eligibility
Make sure that you meet the entry requirements for the programme you are interested in. You can find this information on the programme page on the university website.
3. Submit an online application
To apply to study at the University of Dundee, you will need to submit an online application. You will need to provide your personal details, academic qualifications, and a personal statement. You may also need to submit additional documents, such as a portfolio or letters of recommendation.
4. Pay the application fee
There is an application fee of £45 for international students. You can pay the application fee online using a credit or debit card.
5. Attend an interview
If you are shortlisted for the programme you have applied to, you may be invited to attend an interview. The interview will be conducted online or in person, depending on your circumstances.
6. Accept your offer
If you are offered a place at the University of Dundee, you will need to accept your offer within the deadline specified.
Visa application process
Once you have accepted your offer to study at the University of Dundee, you will need to apply for a student visa. This is done online via the UK government website and Visa-Applications.org can assist you with this process.
To apply for a student visa, you will need to provide the following documents:
- A valid passport
- A completed visa application form
- A letter of acceptance from the University of Dundee
- Proof of financial support
- Evidence of English language proficiency
- A biometric scan of your fingerprints and photograph
The visa application process can take several weeks, so it is important to start your application early.