Lancaster University is a public research university in Lancaster, England. It is one of the most prestigious universities in the UK.
Lancaster is known for its strong academic reputation and its research excellence. It is home to over 18,000 students and over 3,000 staff from over 150 countries. The university offers a wide range of undergraduate and postgraduate degrees in a variety of subjects, including arts, business, engineering, humanities, law, medicine, science, and social sciences.
Lancaster remains the highest-ranked non-Russell Group institution in England. The university is located in a beautiful and historic city, and it offers its students a variety of extracurricular activities and opportunities to get involved in the community.
What types of programmes are available to study at Lancaster University?
Lancaster University offers a wide range of undergraduate and postgraduate degrees in a variety of subjects. Some of the most popular programmes include:
- Arts and Humanities: English, history, philosophy, languages, music
- Business: accounting, finance, management, marketing
- Engineering: aerospace engineering, civil engineering, electrical and electronic engineering, mechanical engineering
- Humanities and Social Sciences: economics, geography, law, politics, psychology
- Medicine and Health Sciences: dentistry, medicine, nursing, pharmacy
- Science: biology, chemistry, computer science, mathematics, physics
Helpful Information For Studying Abroad at Lancaster University
If you are considering studying abroad at Lancaster University, there are a few things you need to know:
- Visa requirements: Students from outside of the UK will need to apply for a visa to study in Lancaster. You can find more information about visa requirements on the UK Visas and Immigration website.
- Tuition fees: Tuition fees for international students vary depending on the programme you are studying. You can find more information about tuition fees on the Lancaster University website.
- Accommodation: Lancaster University offers a variety of accommodation options for international students. You can find more information about accommodation on the Lancaster University website.
- Support services: Lancaster University offers a range of support services for international students, including academic support, social support, and welfare support. You can find more information about support services on the Lancaster University website.
Culture & Events in Lancaster
Lancaster is a vibrant and multicultural city with a lot to offer students. There are a variety of cultural events and activities happening throughout the year, including festivals, concerts, and exhibitions.
Some of the most popular cultural events in Lancaster include:
- Lancaster Music Festival: A two-week classical music festival held every year in July
- Lancaster Castle and Cathedral: A UNESCO World Heritage Site with stunning architecture and a rich history
- Lancaster International Arts Festival: A major arts festival held every two years with a wide range of events, including theatre, dance, music, and visual arts
- Lancaster Pride: A major LGBT+ pride festival held every year in June
- Morecambe Bay: A beautiful bay with stunning scenery and walking trails
How to apply to study at Lancaster University as an international student
1. Choose a programme
Visit the Lancaster University website and browse the undergraduate and postgraduate programmes available. Once you have found a programme that you are interested in, you can read more about the entry requirements and how to apply.
2. Check your eligibility
Make sure that you meet the entry requirements for the programme you are interested in. You can find this information on the programme page on the university website.
3. Submit an online application
To apply to study at Lancaster University, you will need to submit an online application. You can do this through the UCAS website for undergraduate programmes and directly to the Lancaster University website for postgraduate programmes. You will need to provide your personal details, academic qualifications, and a personal statement. You may also need to submit additional documents, such as a portfolio or letters of recommendation.
4. Pay the application fee
The application fee for international students is £50 for undergraduate programmes and £60 for postgraduate programmes. You can pay the application fee online using a credit or debit card.
5. Attend an interview
If you are shortlisted for the programme you have applied to, you may be invited to attend an interview. The interview may be conducted online or in person, depending on your circumstances.
6. Accept your offer
If you are offered a place at Lancaster University, you will need to accept your offer within the deadline specified.
Visa application process
Once you have accepted your offer to study at Lancaster University, you will need to apply for a student visa. This is done online via the UK government website and Visa-Applications.org can assist you with this process.
To apply for a student visa, you will need to provide the following documents:
- A valid passport
- A completed visa application form
- A letter of acceptance from Lancaster University
- Proof of financial support
- Evidence of English language proficiency
- A biometric scan of your fingerprints and photograph
The visa application process can take several weeks, so it is important to start your application early.