Kingston University is a vibrant public research university located in Kingston upon Thames, just south-west of London. Founded in 1899, Kingston is known for its strong links to industry and the professions, and its commitment to providing students with a practical and relevant education. The university has a diverse student body, with over 20,000 students from over 140 countries worldwide.
Kingston offers a wide range of undergraduate and postgraduate degrees in a variety of subjects, including art, design, engineering, fashion, media, music, nursing, and social sciences. The university is also a leading center for research, with over 500 academic staff engaged in cutting-edge research in a variety of fields.
What types of programmes are available to study at Kingston University?
Kingston offers a wide range of undergraduate and postgraduate degrees in a variety of subjects, including:
- Art and Design: Kingston is a leading art and design school, with a strong reputation for its fine art, photography, and design courses.
- Business and Law: Kingston offers a range of business and law courses, including accounting, finance, marketing, and international business law.
- Computer Science and Engineering: Kingston offers a range of computer science and engineering courses, including software engineering, data science, and cybersecurity.
- Creative Industries: Kingston offers a range of creative industries courses, including fashion, film, and television production.
- Education and Social Sciences: Kingston offers a range of education and social sciences courses, including early years education, social work, and sociology.
- Engineering and Technology: Kingston offers a range of engineering and technology courses, including civil engineering, mechanical engineering, and product design.
- Health and Life Sciences: Kingston offers a range of health and life sciences courses, including nursing, midwifery, and biomedical science.
- Humanities: Kingston offers a range of humanities courses, including English, history, philosophy, and languages.
- Science and Mathematics: Kingston offers a range of science and mathematics courses, including biology, chemistry, physics, and mathematics.
Helpful Information For Studying Abroad at Kingston University
If you are interested in studying abroad at Kingston, there are a few things you need to know:
- Application deadlines: The application deadlines for international students vary depending on the course you are applying for. You can find the application deadlines for each course on the Kingston University website.
- English language requirements: Most courses at Kingston require international students to have a certain level of English proficiency. You can find the English language requirements for each course on the Kingston University website.
- Visas and immigration: If you are an international student from outside the UK, you will need to apply for a visa to study in the UK. You can find more information about visas and immigration on the UK government website.
- Accommodation: Kingston offers a variety of accommodation options for international students. You can find more information about accommodation on the Kingston University website.
- Student support: Kingston offers a range of student support services to international students. This includes support with visas and immigration, accommodation, finances, and academic matters. You can find more information about student support services on the Kingston University website.
Culture & Events in Kingston upon Thames
Kingston upon Thames is a vibrant and historic town located just south-west of London. The town has a rich history dating back to the Saxon era, and is home to a number of historical landmarks, including Hampton Court Palace and the medieval bridge.
Kingston is also a popular destination for shopping and dining. The town has a pedestrianised town center with a wide range of shops, restaurants, and cafes. There are also a number of markets and festivals held in the town throughout the year.
If you are looking for something to do in the evening, there are a number of theaters, cinemas, and pubs in Kingston. The town also has a lively nightlife scene.
Here are a few of the most popular cultural attractions in Kingston upon Thames:
- Hampton Court Palace: A Tudor palace that was once the home of King Henry VIII.
- The medieval bridge: A 14th-century bridge that crosses the River Thames.
- Kingston Museum: A museum that tells the story of Kingston from its earliest days to the present day.
A Comprehensive Guide for International Students Applying to Kingston University
Kingston University, a vibrant public research university located in London, welcomes international students to embark on their academic journey within its stimulating learning environment. To ensure a smooth application process, here’s a comprehensive guide tailored specifically for international applicants.
Before embarking on the application process, it’s crucial to ensure you meet the eligibility requirements for your chosen program. These criteria typically include:
- Academic Qualifications: Possessing the necessary educational qualifications, such as A-levels, International Baccalaureate, or equivalent, as specified by the program.
- English Language Proficiency: Demonstrating proficiency in English through standardized tests like IELTS or TOEFL. The required scores vary depending on the program.
- Meeting the Program’s Specific Requirements: Fulfilling any additional prerequisites or criteria outlined by the program, such as portfolio submissions or specific coursework.
- Explore Your Options: Begin by exploring Kingston University’s extensive range of undergraduate and postgraduate programs. Browse their website to find the program that aligns with your academic interests and career aspirations.
- Create an Account: Utilize the Kingston University Applicant Portal to create an account. This will serve as the central hub for managing your application process.
- Complete the Application Form: Diligently fill out the application form, providing accurate and up-to-date information about your academic background, personal details, and relevant experiences.
- Upload Supporting Documents: Upload scanned copies of your academic transcripts, English language test scores, and any other required documents as specified by the program.
- Pay the Application Fee: Pay the non-refundable application fee to complete the submission process. The fee varies depending on your nationality and program choice.
Visa Application Process
For international students requiring a visa to study in the UK, the process typically involves the following steps:
- Obtain a Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS): Once you receive an offer of admission from Kingston University, you’ll be eligible to request a CAS. This document is essential for visa applications.
- Register with UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI): Create an account on the UKVI website to initiate the visa application process.
- Complete the Online Visa Application Form: Provide detailed personal information, travel plans, and supporting documents, including your passport, CAS, and financial evidence.
- Attend a Visa Application Center (VAC): Schedule an appointment at a VAC to submit your biometric information, such as fingerprints and photographs.
- Pay the Visa Application Fee: Pay the applicable visa application fee, which may vary depending on your nationality and visa type.
- Await the Visa Decision: UKVI will assess your application and inform you of the outcome within the specified processing time.