Goldsmiths, University of London, is a vibrant public research university located in New Cross, south-east London. Founded in 1891, Goldsmiths is known for its creative and innovative approach to education, and its strong links to the arts, media, and design industries. The university has a diverse student body, with over 7,000 students from over 120 countries worldwide.
Goldsmiths offers a wide range of undergraduate and postgraduate degrees in a variety of subjects, including art, design, media, music, humanities, and social sciences. The university is also a leading center for research, with over 200 academic staff engaged in cutting-edge research in a variety of fields.
What types of programmes are available to study at Goldsmiths, University of London?
Goldsmiths offers a wide range of undergraduate and postgraduate degrees in a variety of subjects, including:
- Art: Goldsmiths is a leading art school, with a strong reputation for its fine art, photography, and design courses.
- Design: Goldsmiths offers a range of design courses, including graphic design, product design, and fashion design.
- Media: Goldsmiths is a leading media school, with a strong reputation for its journalism, film, and television courses.
- Music: Goldsmiths offers a range of music courses, including composition, performance, and musicology.
- Humanities: Goldsmiths offers a range of humanities courses, including English, history, philosophy, and sociology.
- Social sciences: Goldsmiths offers a range of social sciences courses, including sociology, psychology, and politics.
Helpful Information For Studying Abroad at Goldsmiths, University of London
If you are interested in studying abroad at Goldsmiths, there are a few things you need to know:
- Application deadlines: The application deadlines for international students vary depending on the course you are applying for. You can find the application deadlines for each course on the Goldsmiths website.
- English language requirements: Most courses at Goldsmiths require international students to have a certain level of English proficiency. You can find the English language requirements for each course on the Goldsmiths website.
- Visas and immigration: If you are an international student from outside the UK, you will need to apply for a visa to study in the UK. You can find more information about visas and immigration on the UK government website.
- Accommodation: Goldsmiths offers a variety of accommodation options for international students. You can find more information about accommodation on the Goldsmiths website.
- Student support: Goldsmiths offers a range of student support services to international students. This includes support with visas and immigration, accommodation, finances, and academic matters. You can find more information about student support services on the Goldsmiths website.
Culture & Events in London
London is a vibrant and exciting city with a rich history and culture. There are always things to see and do in London, from visiting world-famous museums and galleries to exploring the city’s many parks and gardens.
Here are a few of the most popular cultural attractions in London:
- The British Museum
- The National Gallery
- The Tate Modern
- Buckingham Palace
- The Tower of London
Here are a few of the most popular events in London:
- The Notting Hill Carnival
- The London Marathon
- The Proms
- New Year’s Eve celebrations
A Comprehensive Guide for International Students Applying to Goldsmiths, University of London
Goldsmiths, University of London, is a renowned public research university that consistently attracts aspiring students from across the globe. To facilitate a seamless application process, here’s a comprehensive guide tailored to international students seeking admission to Goldsmiths.
Before embarking on the application journey, it’s crucial to ensure you meet the eligibility criteria for your chosen program. These requirements typically include:
- Academic Qualifications: Possessing the necessary educational qualifications, such as A-levels, International Baccalaureate, or equivalent, as specified by the program.
- English Language Proficiency: Demonstrating proficiency in English through standardized tests like IELTS or TOEFL. The required scores vary depending on the program.
- Meeting the Program’s Specific Requirements: Fulfilling any additional prerequisites or criteria outlined by the program, such as portfolio submissions or specific coursework.
- Choose Your Program: Start by exploring Goldsmiths’ extensive range of undergraduate and postgraduate programs. Browse the university website to find the program that aligns with your academic interests and career aspirations.
- Create an Account: Utilize the Goldsmiths Application Portal to create an account. This will serve as the central hub for managing your application process.
- Complete the Application Form: Diligently fill out the application form, providing accurate and up-to-date information about your academic background, personal details, and relevant experiences.
- Upload Supporting Documents: Upload scanned copies of your academic transcripts, English language test scores, and any other required documents as specified by the program.
- Pay the Application Fee: Pay the non-refundable application fee to complete the submission process. The fee varies depending on your nationality and program choice.
Visa Application Process
For international students requiring a visa to study in the UK, the process typically involves the following steps:
- Obtain a Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS): Once you receive an offer of admission from Goldsmiths, you’ll be eligible to request a CAS. This document is essential for visa applications.
- Register with UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI): Create an account on the UKVI website to initiate the visa application process.
- Complete the Online Visa Application Form: Provide detailed personal information, travel plans, and supporting documents, including your passport, CAS, and financial evidence.
- Attend a Visa Application Center (VAC): Schedule an appointment at a VAC to submit your biometric information, such as fingerprints and photographs.
- Pay the Visa Application Fee: Pay the applicable visa application fee, which may vary depending on your nationality and visa type.
- Await the Visa Decision: UKVI will assess your application and inform you of the outcome within the specified processing time.