The Cambridge School of Visual & Performing Arts (CSVPA) is a renowned institution for higher education in the arts, located in the heart of Cambridge, England. CSVPA has established itself as a center of excellence for arts education, attracting students from around the globe.
Vision and Mission:
CSVPA’s vision is to be a global leader in arts education, fostering creativity, innovation, and critical thinking in its students. Its mission is to provide a transformative educational experience that empowers students to become successful artists, performers, and creative professionals.
CSVPA is recognized for its strengths in the following areas:
- Practical and Applied Learning: CSVPA’s programs emphasize hands-on learning, ensuring that students acquire the practical skills and knowledge they need to succeed in their chosen fields.
- Industry Links: CSVPA maintains strong connections with industry professionals, providing students with opportunities for internships, mentorships, and networking.
- Diversity and Internationalism: CSVPA is a diverse and international institution, with students from over 60 countries. This diversity fosters a vibrant and enriching learning environment.
Campus and Facilities:
CSVPA’s campus is located in the heart of Cambridge, providing easy access to the city’s cultural attractions and vibrant arts scene. The campus is home to state-of-the-art facilities, including studios, workshops, performance spaces, and libraries.
What types of programmes are available to study at Cambridge School of Visual & Performing Arts
CSVPA offers a wide range of undergraduate and postgraduate programs across a variety of disciplines. Here’s a glimpse into some of the programs offered:
- Art and Design: Fine Art, Graphic Design, Illustration, Photography, Ceramics, Product Design, Fashion Design
- Media and Performing Arts: Filmmaking, Photography, Theatre, Musical Theatre, Dance, Music Composition, Music Performance
- Art and Design: MA Fine Art, MA Graphic Design, MA Photography
- Media and Performing Arts: MA Filmmaking, MA Theatre, MA Musical Theatre, MA Dance, MA Music Composition, MA Music Performance
Helpful Information For Studying Abroad at Cambridge School of Visual & Performing Arts
If you are an international student interested in studying at Cambridge School of Visual & Performing Arts, here are some helpful tips:
- The application process for international students is typically open from September to January.
- The application fee is £75.
- International students from outside the UK will need to apply for a visa to study in the UK. The visa application process can take up to 8 weeks.
- Passport valid for at least six months beyond the intended date of departure from the UK.
- Confirmation of Admission Letter (CAS) from Cambridge School of Visual & Performing Arts.
- Proof of Financial Support.
- English Language Proficiency Test (IELTS or TOEFL) scores.
Cost of Living:
- The cost of living in Cambridge is relatively high compared to other UK cities. Students can expect to spend around £1,200-£1,500 per month on accommodation, food, and other expenses.
- CSVPA offers a variety of accommodation options to suit different needs and budgets.
- There are a variety of scholarships and financial aid opportunities available to international students.
Culture & Events in Cambridge
Cambridge is a beautiful and historic city with a vibrant cultural scene. Students at CSVPA will have the opportunity to experience the many attractions of the city, including:
- King’s College: is one of the most iconic buildings in Cambridge, with its beautiful chapel and stunning architecture.
- The Fitzwilliam Museum: is a world-class museum with a vast collection of art, antiquities, and natural history.
- The Backs: is a picturesque riverside walk with stunning views of the colleges and the River Cam.
- Cambridge Christmas Market: is one of the largest Christmas markets in the UK and is a great place to buy gifts and enjoy festive food and drink.