Generally, to apply for a US Work Visa you must have a job offer from a US employer and a bachelor’s degree or comparable work experience. In general, the easiest US work visa to get is the H-1B visa.

H-1B Visas

The H-1B visa is the most common and straightforward route to get a US work permit. A non-immigrant visa enables American firms to hire foreign workers for specialized positions that call for theoretical or technical expertise in disciplines including science, engineering, mathematics, and computer programming. 

A work offer from a US company ready to sponsor your visa is required to be eligible for an H-1B visa. To prove that you have a bachelor’s degree or appropriate work experience, the employer must submit a petition on your behalf to the US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). 

85,000 H-1B visas are issued each year, with 20,000 going to those with US master’s degrees. This indicates that there are more visa applications than visas available each year, necessitating a lottery mechanism to select visa recipients. There are several exceptions to the cap, such as visas for employees of higher education facilities or nonprofit organizations. 

A third three-year extension is possible for the H-1B visa’s validity. A green card (permanent residency) may be available if your employer sponsors you and you meet the requirements. 

Other US Work Visas

  • Additional US work visas include the L-1, E-3, and TN. 
  • Depending on the type of visa, requirements and terms may change. 
  • For specific guidance, speak with an immigration lawyer. 

Alternative visa types are available if you need to meet the requirements for an H-1B visa or would prefer one. Examples include: 

  • L-1 visas are available to intra-company transferees who have spent at least a year working for a foreign branch, subsidiary, affiliate, or parent company of a US business. 
  • Australian citizens who have been offered a job in a specialist occupation in the US are eligible for the E-3 visa. 
  • TN visa: available to Canada and Mexican nationals with a work offer in one of the professions covered by the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) 

It’s important to speak with an immigration expert for specific guidance depending on your circumstances because each visa form has its own requirements and duration. 


The H-1B visa, which needs a job offer from a US company and a bachelor’s degree or comparable work experience, is the simplest route to obtaining a work visa for the US. Other choices are available, too, if you don’t qualify for an H-1B visa or would rather have a different form of visa. For individualized guidance and help with the visa application process, don’t forget to speak with an immigration attorney. 


Can I obtain a US work visa without a job offer? 

No, to apply for a work visa in the US, you must have a job offer from a US firm.

Start your Visa ApplicationStart your Visa Application
Visa Applicationsinformation centre

Copyright © 2024 . All rights reserved.

All visa applicants are responsible for the accuracy of their visa application forms and must carefully consider the requirements set out in the visa application forms and complete all application forms fully and truthfully. is a private company and is not affiliated with any government body. All support and advice of your visa documentation will be under the guidance of an SRA registered legal practitioner. Visa fees must be paid directly to the relevant consular authority as advised and are not included in our service fees.
Visa Applications Ltd – 11887108.

It is necessary to use/accept cookies on this site to process your application.

NOTE, we do not use tracking or advertising cookies or provide your details to 3rd parties. For more information please refer to our .