You can apply for a UK Skilled Worker Visa with us here. In order to apply for a Skilled Worker Visa must meet the eligibility requirements, have a job offer from a sponsor and meet the minimum 70 points needed in the UK’s Points Based System. Once you have met these requirements you can apply, paying the costs associated with the Skilled Worker Visa, and book your face to face appointment to submit your biometrics. Once all these are done your Skilled Worker Visa should take 3 weeks to process, and you will be notified by UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) if your application has been successful.
If your application is approved, you will be granted a UK Skilled Worker Visa. This visa will allow you to live and work in the UK for up to 5 years.
The Requirements for UK Skilled Worker Visa
Before you can apply for a UK Skilled Worker Visa, you must meet the following requirements:
- Have a verified employment offer from a licensed UK employer who will serve as your sponsor.
- Possess a Sponsorship Certificate provided by your employer.
- Pass the point-based Evaluation.
- Meet the minimum salary threshold for the job offer (or be able to trade points for a lower salary).
Who is eligible for a Skilled Worker Visa?
A Skilled Worker Visa is a visa that any worker can be eligible for so long as they meet the 70 points required by the UK’s points based system, and that they meet all the mandatory characteristics needed for an application. Here’s a breakdown of the points each characteristic is and whether they are mandatory or tradeable:
- Offer of job from approved sponsor (Mandatory, 20 points)
- Job at appropriate skill level (Mandatory, 20 points)
- Speaks English at required level (Mandatory, 10 points)
- Salary of £20,480 to £23,039 or at least 80% of the going rate for the profession (Tradeable, 0 points)
- Salary of £23,040 to £25,599 or at least 90% of the going rate for the profession (Tradeable, 10 points)
- Salary of £25,600 or above or at least the going rate for the profession (Tradeable, 20 points)
- Job in a shortage occupation as designated by the Migration Advisory Committee (Tradeable, 20 points)
- Education qualification: PhD in a subject relevant to the job (Tradeable, 10 points)
- Education qualification: PhD in a STEM subject relevant to the job (Tradeable, 20 points)
The processing time for a UK Skilled Worker visa is currently around 3 weeks for applications made outside the UK and 8 weeks for applications made inside the UK. However, this is just an average processing time and the actual processing time may vary depending on a number of factors, such as the complexity of your application, the workload of the UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) office, and whether you have applied for a priority service. Below are the average processing time for each form of priority.
- Ordinary processing takes 2 to 8 weeks.
- Priority processing takes 5 working days.
- Super priority processing takes 24 hours.
People also asked..
Can I get a Skilled Worker visa without a job offer?
You must have a job offer from an approved UK employer before you apply for a Skilled Worker visa. Approved employers are also known as sponsors, because they are sponsoring you to come to or stay in the UK.
What happens if you lose your job on a Skilled Worker Visa?
If you lose your job as an overseas worker, either under a Skilled Worker visa, you may still be able to stay in the UK provided you can secure a qualifying new job role with a different employer licensed to sponsor skilled workers. If you are unable to do so you will be required to leave the UK.
Can skilled worker dependent work in the UK?
Any dependents you have on your Skilled Worker Visa are permitted to be able to work in any job role, except as a sportsperson or coach. The Visa holder must continue to work in their sponsored role.