Anyone who desires to travel to Bahrain must first obtain a Bahrain eVisa or a Bahrain resident permit.
Two-week tourist visas can be obtained online through the Bahrain eVisa website or on arrival in the country. If you apply through the Bahrain embassy, you can request ten-year multiple entry visas.
Unless you are from one of the following countries, you will require a visa to enter Bahrain:
- Saudi Arabia
- United Arab Emirates
Everyone else will need to apply for a Visa on Arrival, an eVisa, or a visa at a Bahrain Embassy.
- Tourist visas are available for Bahrain. Foreign people who want to visit Bahrain for tourism or other short-term purposes will be awarded this sort of visa (like visiting their family members). A tourist visa does not allow you to work.
- Bahrain visa for business. Short-term business travellers who are going to Bahrain for a conference, meeting, or other business activity but are still employed by a foreign company are granted this sort of visa. This is not the same as the Bahrain work visa.
- Work permit in Bahrain. This visa is for foreign citizens who wish to work for a Bahraini company and reside in Bahrain for an extended period of time.
- Bahrain visa for family. The family members of work visa holders are eligible for this sort of visa.
- Student visas are available in Bahrain. This visa is granted to international students who are enrolled for at least one year in a higher education programme in Bahrain.
Depending on your nationality and the length of your stay in Bahrain, you can apply for a visa in one of the following ways:
- When you arrive at the airport, you can apply for a visa online through the eVisa service.
- If you are not qualified for a Bahrain visa on arrival or a Bahrain eVisa, you can apply for one at the nearest Bahrain Embassy.
- At the Bahrain International Airport, you can apply for a visa on arrival. At the visa application desks, you must present the relevant papers and pay the price.
- You will be given a 14-day or 30-day visa, which you can extend if you apply to the Bahrain Ministry of Interiors Nationality, Passport, and Residence Affairs (NPRA) Department.
Typically, this is a tourist visa.