Important Travel Information – Please Read
To enter Algeria, all non-Algerians must apply for a visa. Some foreign nationals from the nations listed below are free from visa requirements: All citizens of the following countries: Libya, Malaysia, Maldives, Mali, Mauritania, Morocco, Sahrawi Arab Democratic Republic, Seychelles, and Tunisia.
You can read more on the Algeria Embassy website.
The following visas are issued by the Algerian government:
- The Algeria Tourist Visa is provided to visa-required foreign nationals who are visiting Algeria for tourism or recreation.
- Algeria Business Visas are provided to visa-required foreign citizens visiting Algeria for business purposes, such as businessmen, corporate representatives, or foreign firm employees. This form of visa, however, does not allow you to work in Algeria and be paid by an Algerian employer.
- Algeria Visitor Visas are provided to foreign citizens who wish to visit friends or family members who reside in Algeria.
- Algeria Official/Diplomatic Visas are provided to government officials or diplomats with diplomatic, official, or service passports, as well as UN laissez-passers, who are travelling for official purposes.
- Algeria Work Visas are awarded to foreign citizens who have been granted permission to work in Algeria for an extended period of time.
- Algeria Foreign citizens who have been granted authorization to work in Algeria are issued a
- Temporary Work Visa, which is valid for no more than 90 days.
- An Algeria Study Visa is granted to a foreign individual who has been accepted into an Algerian educational institution and desires to pursue their studies in Algeria.
- Algeria Family Visas are provided to non-Algerian direct family members of Algerian citizens in order to reunite them with their families.
- Foreign citizens who need to enter Algeria for medical treatment in an Algerian educational institution are awarded an Algeria Medical Visa.
- Algerian journalists and media representatives are granted a Media Visa.
- Algeria Cultural Visas are provided to foreign people who wish to visit Algeria for the purpose of attending a cultural, scientific, or sporting event, or conducting research.
When applying for a visa in Algeria, you must have the following documents with you:
- Your original passport, which must be valid for at least six months after your arrival in Algeria. It must have at least one blank page where the visa can be attached.
- a photocopy of the appropriate pages of your passport (some consulates may require you to submit photocopies of all the pages on your passport, even empty ones).
- Completed and signed Algeria Visa Application Form
- a passport-size photo of yourself
- Proof of employment: a letter from your boss, company records if youre self-employed, and so forth.
- Bank statements or paystubs can be used as proof of financial capability.
- Itinerary or ticket for a flight.
- Include a pre-paid, self-addressed envelope for the embassy/consulate to return your passport and documents if you apply by mail.
- Include a notarized letter of authorisation to apply on your behalf if youre using a proxy.
- Proof of payment of the Algeria visa fee, as required by the embassy/consulate.
- Include a letter of consent from the parent(s) or legal guardian(s) confirming that they approve for the child to travel alone when applying for a visa for minors.
You can apply for a visa to Algeria in one of the following ways:
- You, by personally visiting the Algerian consulate or embassy and submitting the appropriate documentation.
- By mail or delivery service. Because youll be sending vital documents, make sure you choose a secure postal provider.
- You must give a notarized letter of authorisation to a proxy, saying that you consent to them applying on your behalf.
- Using a reputable visa application service
- However, before submitting your application, double-check that you understand the regulations of the consulate or embassy that will be handling your case. Not all consulates accept all of the aforementioned ways of document submission.
The following is the procedure for obtaining an Algerian visa:
- To discover about appointment requirements, work days, and opening hours, go to the website of the Algerian embassy or consulate where you will be submitting your visa application.
- Make an appointment for an Algerian visa. You may be able to accomplish this online, depending on the consulate.
- Fill out the Algeria visa application form completely.
- Gather the required documentation for an Algeria visa (see “Alegria visa requirements” below) and bring them to your appointment on the scheduled date. When you submit your documents, you may be asked a series of questions about your trips objective, what youll be doing in Algeria, or personal information like your employment, salary, and so on.
- Pay the visa fee for Algeria.
- Allow time for the visa application to be processed. The embassy or consulate will tell you once a decision has been reached.
- If your application is approved, the consular/embassy officials will call you to arrange for you to pick up your passport and visa. If you applied by mail, you will receive your passport returned with the visa attached. The date on your visa specifies when you will be able to enter the nation.