Important Travel Information – Please Read
To enter Algeria, all non-Algerians must apply for a visa. Some foreign nationals from the nations listed below are free from visa requirements: All citizens of the following countries: Libya, Malaysia, Maldives, Mali, Mauritania, Morocco, Sahrawi Arab Democratic Republic, Seychelles, and Tunisia.
You can read more on the Algeria Embassy website.
You must get a visa from the Algerian Consulate in London prior to departure. You can’t get a visa on arrival. Before travelling, you should verify the specifics of your visa, including its expiration date. If you overstay the duration of your visa or the time you were granted to stay in Algeria upon arrival, the Algerian immigration police are likely to detain you at the airport as you attempt to leave the country. This might result in criminal charges and up to three months in jail. If you need to stay longer in Algeria than your visa or entry stamp allows, you may be able to extend your visa at the nearest Wilaya (Town Hall).
Entry into Algeria
Some foreign flights have resumed from Algeria. Contact your travel agency or the airline for bookings and additional information. A portion of land borders are now open. Proof of a complete vaccination schedule, including the most recent vaccine administered within the past nine months, is required. If you are unvaccinated or your vaccination was administered more than nine months ago, you must present a negative COVID-19 (PCR) test done within 72 hours prior to your arrival.
Algeria requires British people to obtain a visa in order to enter the country.
Algeria’s embassy in London will handle visa applications from citizens of the United Kingdom and the Republic of Ireland. The applications must be filed in person or via courier between 9:30 a.m. and 12:00 p.m., Tuesday through Saturday, at the Algerian consulate. These applications may also be sent to the consulate via mail.
It should be remembered that foreign nationals visiting Algeria on a tourist visa are prohibited from engaging in any form of business or employment. The following are the prerequisites for obtaining an Algerian tourist visa.
The applicant must supply a copy of his signed passport. The foreign national’s passport must be valid for at least six months and contain at least two blank pages.
The candidate must complete and sign two application forms before sending them to the Algerian consulate in London.
The applicant’s photograph must have been taken within the past three months.
The candidate is required to produce employment verification. This evidence could be a letter from the applicant’s employer confirming employment. The letter that will be provided must have been issued within the past month and must include the applicant’s and signatory’s positions.
The letter from the employer in the United Kingdom should include provide the dates of leave and return to work.
The required documentation of travel arrangements must include a copy of the hotel booking confirmation.
Passport. You must present your actual, signed passport along with a copy of the page containing your personal information.
Documentation of Travel Arrangements
Business Visa Application Cover Letter.
You must acquire an invitation letter from your sponsor. The visiting organisation is responsible for providing the invitation. This letter should: Not a photocopy
You are need to give evidence of your present address. The document must be a copy of the front of your driver's licence or government-issued photo identification card.
The record must: Present your name exactly as it appears on your passport.
Present the current address indicated on your immigration application
The Algeria visa processing time varies based on the kind of visa, the applicant’s home country, and the specific embassy or consulate office. On average, it takes between 10 and 20 working days to process an Algerian visa.
If you must appear in person to submit your application and accompanying documents, the first step is to schedule an appointment with the Algerian Embassy or Consulate General through which you will submit your application.
Visit their website for further directions on how to complete this task. The majority of visa authorities have online booking systems that you can utilise to schedule an appointment. You may only need to call or send an email to schedule your appointment.
The subsequent step is to fill out the application form. This information will be available on the website of the embassy or consulate general with which you are dealing. There are two options for completing this form:
Utilize the embassy or consulate’s website to submit your application online.
Step three is crucial to get correctly. This could result in you having to reschedule your appointment, your application being denied, or both. Therefore, take time reviewing the criteria before beginning.
In addition to photocopies, you must also provide original documents. This will be considered an incomplete application if you forget to include photocopies, so don’t forget to do so.
The following documents need to be prepared:
1) Original passport valid for at least six months beyond the duration of your stay in Algeria. Additionally, it must include at least two blank pages for your Algerian visa.
2) Formal application for an Algerian visa, duly filled and signed. You may require one or two copies, depending on the embassy or consulate in question.
3) Two colour, front-facing, passport-sized photographs with a plain/white background
Please remember that you must reside within the jurisdiction of the embassy or consulate you are dealing with in order to provide proof of residency and a valid visa along with your identification. Check the office’s webpage to ensure you are applying at the correct location.
5) Flight itinerary or ticket indicating locations of entrance and departure from Algeria
6) Accommodation confirmation; hotel reservation or cruise reservation. If you plan to stay in multiple hotels, you must produce confirmation of each reservation. If you are staying with family or friends in Algeria, the host must provide an invitation letter.
7) Evidence of adequate finances – bank statement and/or pay stubs
8) Evidence of financial assistance in Algeria
9) A minimum of €30,000 in travel insurance is required for citizens of the following countries: Austria, Belgium, Canada, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Romania.
10) Proof of employment status – a document demonstrating that you are employed, self-employed, a student, or retired
11) Birth/Marriage License
12) Employment letter stating position held and reason for visit to Algeria
13) Employment agreement and/or work permit
14) Letter of enrollment from a school, university, etc., authorised by Algerian authorities
15) Invitation letter – If you are travelling to Algeria as a tourist, you must obtain this letter from an authorised travel agent. Or, if you plan to visit family or friends in Algeria, you must have a notarized invitation letter, together with the ID and passport of the inviter. Algerian city halls can notarize Algerian host invitation letters.
16) Evidence of event or action
17) A pre-paid, self-addressed envelope for mailing back passports
Who can visit Algeria without a visa?
Residents from Libyan Arab Jamahiriya, Malaysia, Maldives, Mali, Mauritania, Morocco, Sahrawi Arab Democratic Republic, Seychelles, Syrian Arab Republic, Tunisia, and Yemen do not require a visa to enter Algeria.
Argentines, Croats, French, Germans, Hungarians, and Romanians who hold diplomatic passports are exempt from obtaining a visa to enter Algeria.
Diplomatic and official passport holders from the following countries may enter Algeria visa-free: Albania, Benin, Brazil, Cuba, Egypt, Ethiopia, Greece, Guinea, Italy, Malaysia, Mali, Malta, Mexico, Niger, Peru, Portugal, Republic of Korea, Senegal, Slovakia, South Africa, Spain, Switzerland, Tanzania, United Arab Emirates, Venezuela, and Vietnam.
For detailed information on specific parts of the general visa process, you can refer to the links below to find the answer to your query. If you are unable to find any particular information, please contact us via email.
|Covid 19 / Border Control|
|What is a Visa?|
|What kind of visa do I need?|
|Do I need more than one visa?|
|How long is a visa valid for?|
|When do I need my visa?|
|What if my visa is refused?|
- Tourist visa- Two (02) application forms duly filled out, dated, and signed by the applicant
- Business visa
- Work visa
- Visa for temporary work
- Visa for the spouse of an Algerian national
- Visa for the children of Algerian citizens
- Cultural visa
- Medical visa
What to do if your Algerian visa is refused?
You may reapply for a visa in the future after being deemed ineligible. With the exception of 221(g) refusals, if you reapply for a visa after being deemed ineligible, you must submit a new visa application and pay the visa application fee again.
A visa for Algeria is valid for multiple sorts of travel.
Tourist visas are multiple-entry permits that allows a 90-day stay and are valid for up to two years. You will often be required to submit your passport, Algeria visa application, a photo, a letter detailing your intended activities, and a trip itinerary.
Additionally, business visas are valid for 90 days and permit multiple entries. Typically, you will be required to submit your passport, the Afghanistan visa application, photographs, a letter from your employer introducing you and explaining your business activities, and an invitation letter from the Algerian sponsoring firm.
The majority of foreign nationals require a visa and a passport with six months of validity remaining in order to enter Algeria. Algeria does not require a visa from citizens of Libya, Malaysia, Maldives, Mali, Mauritania, Morocco, Seychelles, and Tunisia.
To apply for a visa to Algeria, you must possess:
- A passport that will be valid for six months following the expiration of your visa.
- An Algeria visa application that has been filled out and signed.
- Passport Photos
- Travel Schedule
If the trip is for business, a business letter outlining the purpose of your visit, a possible invitation letter from the Algerian company or group, and an invitation or support letter from the sponsor in Algeria.
If for tourism, a hotel reservation is customary.